Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

BMWCCNZ Badge

Have had this kicking in my shed for a number of years, decided to put it on my E30 last week.

Anyone have any information about it at all? were they given to all members in a particular year? or prehaps to particular members? know of any others in existance? etc etc? i literally know nothing about it.

I know it once was coloured, it was so when i got it. however it was all cracked and disgusting so i sanded it all off, actually doesnt look too bad as is so its stayed.

Cheers
Andy

4ED6AD44-E2DD-4479-8D18-BE3E0D95AAB4_zps

3878D14C-966B-4ABD-8F47-92CFFC801351_zps

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Milan might if he comes on and sees this post.

ask Gerry hodges , president of the car club , been there for years

Ernst (Bavarian Motors) would also know. He's been with the club since forever.

I joined the club in 2001 and received sticker in same style as your badge.

Edited by C-130 Hercules

ask Gerry hodges , president of the car club , been there for years

Cool i can see his mobile and landline there on bmwccnz website, feel a bit wierd cold calling him. not sure if i have met him before, i think i met him at BM World? do you have an email for him?

stickers only afaik (since about 2002)

Yeah i would say this has to be at least early to mid 90s. It came in on a 316i i had a few years back, but an otherwise rough ish car, i suspect it would have been onanother car before that, so that would put it in to late 80s.... hmm

anyone have anything earlier than 2001?

Cool i can see his mobile and landline there on bmwccnz website, feel a bit wierd cold calling him. not sure if i have met him before, i think i met him at BM World? do you have an email for him?

Yeah i would say this has to be at least early to mid 90s. It came in on a 316i i had a few years back, but an otherwise rough ish car, i suspect it would have been onanother car before that, so that would put it in to late 80s.... hmm

anyone have anything earlier than 2001?

Gerry wont mind Andy,there will be an email addy on the club website too president @?????

Im pretty sure those were from the late 80's...the Car club was formed in 1982

Pop a post up on bmwccnz Facebook site. think I remember these being available in the late 80s

I was the BMWCC of NZ President late 90's early 2000's, no grill badge that I can remember but we did have a metal coloured lapel badge - I still have one!

Alan Walker

• Like 1

Could we commission a batch of that to be made if there are enough interest?

no

:P

theoretically of course but you are "stealing" the BMW logo and the BMW CC logo.The car club could do another batch i guess.

At worst it would be copyright infringement and that's not "stealing" - too many people watching bullshit anti-piracy ads.

Interestingly that stylised Kiwi is also protected, I wonder if BMWCCNZ got permission to use it?

Copyright is what I mean,as far as the kiwi...one hopes so,i would think BMW AG would be careful in such matters

At worst it would be copyright infringement and that's not "stealing" - too many people watching bullshit anti-piracy ads.

Interestingly that stylised Kiwi is also protected, I wonder if BMWCCNZ got permission to use it?

Guidelines here, http://www.bmw-clubs-international.com/en/about_us/_shared/pdf/guideline_5_gestalltungsrichtlinien_auftritt.pdf

I'd reckon the club would have sort permission to use it .

Guest MP0wer

I'm In.

something like this would be pretty!

3645399439_05dcb0e7f1_m.jpg

20pcs-lots-Metal-Union-Jack-Germany-Flag

or too much rice...

I meant for the club to do it of course, as a badge of honor for long time members.

Saw some older people with the AA grill plaques. I guess they were for long time members?

I meant for the club to do it of course, as a badge of honor for long time members.

Saw some older people with the AA grill plaques. I guess they were for long time members?

no at one time that was the aa badge

no at one time that was the aa badge

yeah dont think they do them any more? you still see plenty of Holden VKs and Mazda 323s with the 90s yellow square, i used to have a couple but sold them long ago.

yeah dont think they do them any more? you still see plenty of Holden VKs and Mazda 323s with the 90s yellow square, i used to have a couple but sold them long ago.

this one was pre 1967domed_car_badge.jpg

this one was pre 1967domed_car_badge.jpg

plenty on trademe i just checked