Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Recommend me a car painter! (Auckland)

Hi lads,

One of my Soarers has masses of clear coat flaking off the roof, bonnet and boot as of late.

It's a red car so hardly surprising, it seems the last cut and polish it received was just too much for it. Now it just looks awful!

Wondering who could suggest me to some decent painters they have had good experiences with on their own cars? (Auckland region only)

Not looking for a show car finish or quick and cheap, just somewhere in the middle.

Cheers!

Following...

Schnitzer contracted the same disease on her roof - And she wasn't even touched with a polish :(

I believe the gloss masters paint jobs aren't bad - quoted $300 for the roof when I had a chat. I'll be following this post :) My roof is currently wrapped!

Oh yeah. $300 for the roof.

I usually go to Phill Stokes Panel and Paint in Onehunga, One guy was saying $260 for the roof.

Just seeing what other options exist.

Can recommend Manukau Auto Centre, ask for Dan and say Graham sent you, he will look after you.

They have painted a few of my cars.

Facelifted my car, new bumper, lights, painted both sides, front bumpercover and bonnet… also blacked out wheels and door handel.

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

My race car, full respray, two tone… don’t look at the panel work too close though. Haha

IMG_2105.jpg

bluered_zpse7724b53.jpg

• Like 2

GT Refinishes on Walls Road Penrose. Grant is the owner. They do a lot of show cars. Good pricing.

EuroTech, Sylvia Park Road. Very good work. Not cheap. They are the only BMW i Car panel & paint repairer

• Like 1

GT Refinishes on Walls Road Penrose. Grant is the owner. They do a lot of show cars. Good pricing.

EuroTech, Sylvia Park Road. Very good work. Not cheap. They are the only BMW i Car panel & paint repairer

They are good, a lot of mates use them for things, they did a set of my wheels and they were a good price + service.

After having a crack at it myself, I can say 90% of it is in the prep work, spend 90 hours prepping my van.

More plugging for Manukau Auto Center.

van1.jpg

van2.jpg

van3.jpg

I always used to see gt refinishers work real late into the night. Seemed like a good bunch of folk.

Have had a repair and paint done by eurotech on sylvia park road for my bmw years back. very very good but very very expensive. was done through insurance so all good.