Sign in to follow this  
richard

Rumor has it !?

No. I hear the Ford Rangers can be a PITA too.

The Hilux I use is at 150,000km and has never had an issue, must have been a good one.

What year/ motor is you hilux? Edited by kiwi535

Hi. Guessing its about 2010. Current shape, non facelift.

Those Prados are awful. They are as undesirable as Rav4s to my mind.

Very much a spare parts car built off the Surf and Landcruiser bits, yet no where near as good as either.

I think theres a very good reason why they are so cheap on the used market compared to a proper 80 or 100 series landcruiser.

• Like 1

• 1GD-FTV VN — 2.8-litre four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine that produces 132kW of power and 450Nm of torque between 1600 – 2400rpm when mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. When mated to the six-speed manual transmission, the torque figure drops to 420Nm of torque between 1600 – 2600rpm.
  • 2GD-FTV VN — 2.4-litre four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine that produces 125kW of power and 400Nm of torque between 1600rpm – 2400rpm when matched to a six-speed automatic transmission. The same engine when paired with a five-speed manual transmission drops torque output to 343Nm of torque between 1400 – 3400rpm.

Oh and 2TR-FE — 2.7-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 124kW of power. The engine is expected to come with a five- and six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic gearbox.

That engine is offered in the current Hilux in the Oz market is it not. Was for sale here in the previous shape Hilux early 2000s (where the engine should have been retired as a boat anchor). Just another inefficient fuel guzzling overpriced Toyota that the sheep line up to buy at twice the price of the equalivent Nissan etc.

• Like 1

Drove a Prado ... what a pile of sh*t .. Drove from Wanaka -> Dunedin and back including the crown range ... jesus it was average.

• Like 1

Drove a Prado ... what a pile of sh*t .. Drove from Wanaka -> Dunedin and back including the crown range ... jesus it was average.

you did better than me...i drove one about 1/2k from the dealer,round a round about and straight back.i was seriously disapointed