Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Height adjustable ramps

Anyone know where I can get something like these in NZ?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=141649941425

Once the csi spoiler is on the 8 won't make it up standard ramps and I don't have enough room to have long ramps with a gentle incline. Adjustable ones look a good compromise. Doesn't have to be hydraulic.

Looks dodgy - I wouldn't trust anything like that.

ive been looking for something similar for ages but cant find anything that isnt on the other side of the world (killer is shipping). Be keen to know if you find anything.

2200usd? Why wouldn't you just buy a proper car hoist?

it'd be good for somewhere that doesnt have the space or stud height to fit a proper hoist, otherwise i completely agree.

I just want something compact-ish, and easier then jacking up each end and putting it on stands (i hate stands and i hate lifting a car end by end).

I don't have the space for a hoist either. Would be happy with normal ramps but all the ones I've seen are too steep for the 8er to get up without dragging the front spoiler. Could make some but the incline needs to be so slight they'd have to be around 2m long and I just don't have the space. Hence adjusties!! But they seem to be hard to find here.

Edited by jeffbebe

both the wagon and E30 are too low too, i just put a block of 4x2 under front wheels and then thats enough to get my jck under the car

i have more than one car in the air most of the time though so thats probably why i have to deal with it!