Sign in to follow this  
Guest MP0wer

Compressed OEM Springs? Cant find aftermarket springs.

csi has the same shocks as the late model 840 sports, I believe. I used these to replace the EDCs as I new I planned to lower.

Have ridden in an E34 525 with Vogtland springs on OEM shocks before and it felt fine - quite a nice drop too. I think the Vogtlands are a fairly popular choice for the E34 but not sure about availability in NZ.

Hm. Once against, call Keith at Stocks. He used to import them and will likely be able to get them sorted.

I had them in my E30 Touring and I found them a bit soft for enthusiastic driving, but they did give a nice stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith at George Stocks told me they can get Vogtlands.

I thought coilovers were available for the E31? Although a (very) quick squint around t'web suggests variations in suspension on the different models. Dunno.

No coilovers for E31. Some enthusiastic owners have looked at custom coilovers but I think the cost outweighs the benefit.

No coilovers for E31. Some enthusiastic owners have looked at custom coilovers but I think the cost outweighs the benefit.

Fair 'nuf. I'd seen something about BC coilovers, and even mention of H&R but have no idea of prices. Compressed springs (I don't like the idea. but that obviously doesn't mean it isn't viable) will likely be the cheapest option; certainly worth investigating the price of custom springs. Maybe even something progressive?

Other solutions will be available - LEDA (if they are still trading under their original ethos) would custom build anything.