Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Marmite

Mushy peas and pork pies. A crime against nature.

Those chocolate and orange balls though (terrys or some such?) now we're talking.

• Like 1

try chocolate ice cream and chilly

Mushy peas and pork pies. A crime against nature.

Those chocolate and orange balls though (terrys or some such?) now we're talking.

Mmmm, Terry's chocolate orange now you're talking! You can get them here now - although they get smaller every year!

I forgot about Pork Pies, added those onto my list... And Cornish Pasties, and a PROPER Devonshire Cream Tea with real clotted cream...

Mmmm, Terry's chocolate orange now you're talking! You can get them here now - although they get smaller every year!

I forgot about Pork Pies, added those onto my list... And Cornish Pasties, and a PROPER Devonshire Cream Tea with real clotted cream...

Just adding things to my list for when we head over there... :)

And real beer. NZ does have some nice beer, but it is different to the British stuff.

• Like 1

I can see my trip turning into four weeks of eating and drinking at this rate..!

I can see my trip turning into four weeks of eating and drinking at this rate..!

We're only going for two weeks, but yeah... That seems to be the plan!

Full English breakfast, sir?

I'd be keen to know what an Englishman considers a decent beer, that is made in NZ.

Beer is one thing you lads really do do well.

Pale Ales aren't bad over here. Good George IPA is nice, but perhaps a little strong. Ben Middlemiss 'Hodgson' is decent.

But the range of 'real' ale isn't here, yet, imo. There's a superb depth of knowledge that hasn't yet translated to excellent brews.

I've found that Epic Armageddon IPA to be a very decent drop. It all depends on your taste in beer though..

I can confirm that genuine UK Marmite is so far ahead of anything similar Sanitarium make that it's like a completely different product. As for Sanitarium claiming trademark infringement - I think there should be a case from the UK against Sanitarium for misrepresenting a delicious product with the rubbish produced in NZ. :P:D

I may need to revise the plan to bring a couple of jars back with us.