Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

How many E46 M3 CSL's remain?

To be fair you could replicate most of the CSL 'improvements' on a standard M3. While it wouldn't be factory it would be cheaper and obtainable.

Of course the extra details like the roof carbon and plastic panels do make it harder to do but anythings possible with the right direction & $

Not if you use all genuine parts ... it'll end up costing way more than the real thing. That's if you can find all the bespoke parts from it.

I have a friend in the UK that converted a 6 speed manual M3 into full CSL spec - every single part was genuine CSL and every single unique component was purchased either brand new or very good used ... and it cost 2.5x the amount of what an used CSL goes for in the UK.

Can you make a stock M3 better than a CSL ... yes absolutely. It can be made faster, lighter and better in every way (I have another guy that I know in Germany that purchased every single Die Wethje (original manufacturer of the carbon components for the CSL) carbon fiber component available for the CSL (we are talking about full light weight carbon bonnets that weigh 3.2kg, full carbon boot lid that weigh 2.5kg and doors, front guards ect) . Once I find that donor car I shall build the ultimate CSL replica : )

Edited by M3_Power

An S85 E46 M3 custom package? :P

But the S62 sounds miles better than the Honda-esque V10. A V8 is a better package for weight distribution too. :P

Not if you use all genuine parts ... it'll end up costing way more than the real thing. That's if you can find all the bespoke parts from it.

I have a friend in the UK that converted a 6 speed manual M3 into full CSL spec - every single part was genuine CSL and every single unique component was purchased either brand new or very good used ... and it cost 2.5x the amount of what an used CSL goes for in the UK.

Can you make a stock M3 better than a CSL ... yes absolutely. It can be made faster, lighter and better in every way (I have another guy that I know in Germany that purchased every single Die Wethje (original manufacturer of the carbon components for the CSL) carbon fiber component available for the CSL (we are talking about full light weight carbon bonnets that weigh 3.2kg, full carbon boot lid that weigh 2.5kg and doors, front guards ect) . Once I find that donor car I shall build the ultimate CSL replica : )

Yeah I'd imagine it would! It's a tricky one... I think they are a car to accept are rare and expensive if you want an original.

On that note, isn't it about getting a fun car you're not scared to enjoy like a regular M3? I sense some CSL owners would end up keeping theirs in the garage too often!

If I wanted a fast M3 I'd just do what Ray does and build even better M cars with parts from other cars. He & his team have made some perfect cars over the years.

What more does one need?!

More power. If it doesn't scare the sh*t out of you when you open it full throttle then you need more power.

• Like 1

chuck a stage 4 HPF turbo on it.

(car in video is only stage 2 turbo i think. stage 4 is making 1000+ hp lol)

Is that one still in the country? I did hear about this but have never been able to confirm - thanks!

Yes, the non-written off one is still in the country. Alive and well in the BoP, and I happen to know the owner, and have seen the car in the flesh, although not for a a few months.

Yes, the non-written off one is still in the country. Alive and well in the BoP, and I happen to know the owner, and have seen the car in the flesh, although not for a a few months.

Oh I know the one you are talking about now. Nice car.

I do hope that the owners of these cars are pulling their airbox out and cleaning them on a regular basis ... the amount of crap and blow by that these carbon airbox collect despite having a good BMC filter and drain is almost mind blowing!!

If any owner needs a know how of how to do this without damaging your airbox PM me ... I can pretty much remove and install these with my eyes closed now.

B90B6C94-3CC3-4E17-8EF5-006DC2542221_zps

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 2

That's interesting Tom!

Curious, what is the internal diameter of the throttle bodies?