Sign in to follow this  
Contrails

E28 17" wheel figment Query

G'day everyone,

Been searching the online forums to see if 17x8 et10 and 17x9 et19 will fit 87 M535i. So far I have seen conflicting answers.

Anyone run this setup before? Found some type 5s online and was curious. Bore is 72.5

Thanks

Cheers for the replies and the link. I also downloaded the E28 fitment guide but it was right on the margin.

The 17x8s currently on your car fit perfectly at ET15. Higher numbers can get very close to the front struts. The previous 16x7 ET20s had 5mm clearance only.

9Jx17 et26 is ok on the rear as long as you roll the guards. Front 8Jx17 et20 will JUST fit. This is my experience with style 32s

17s are too big imho. 16s are just right.

Edited by C-130 Hercules
  • Like 1

9Jx17 et26 is ok on the rear as long as you roll the guards. Front 8Jx17 et20 will JUST fit. This is my experience with style 32s

17s are too big imho. 16s are just right.

I'm putting style 4s on my e28, 16x8 et20 I believe. And they are supposed to just fit with careful tire choice.

I'm putting style 4s on my e28, 16x8 et20 I believe. And they are supposed to just fit with careful tire choice.

Posted Image

I've got Style 4s on mine, 16x8 ET20 is correct. Front tyres are really close to the shocks, but look good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9949f02b90d007b3df17d60316450b66.jpg

I've got Style 4s on mine, 16x8 ET20 is correct. Front tyres are really close to the shocks, but look good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks fantastic (and that's why I bought style 4s). I did read about the shocks. What tires did you use?

also need to think about tyre size or even brand can make a difference, eg, Bridgestone have nice "straight" side walls that dont balloon out where as some others (Conti springs to mind) do balloon quite a bit

Cheers for the replies. I have given up on the 17x9 ET19 but have managed to find 17x9 ET26 (BBS RC091). These are meant to fit with the right tyres.

I am with the others in that 17" are too big for the e28. I have a set of 16" ET15 AC Schnitzers fitted to my M535i. I also have another identical set in 17" ET 20 which I tried on but looked wrong, so it is back on the 16's. I also removed the Mtech kit, prefer the clean look.

LsG2PEb.jpg

• Like 4

I am with the others in that 17" are too big for the e28. I have a set of 16" ET15 AC Schnitzers fitted to my M535i. I also have another identical set in 17" ET 20 which I tried on but looked wrong, so it is back on the 16's. I also removed the Mtech kit, prefer the clean look.

Thats a nice E28! @Will what springs and shocks are you using?

Standard bilsteins with 40mm lowering springs, cant remember the make.

• Like 1