Sign in to follow this  
purepump

Tracing my very first car

Kia ora fellow Bimmer lovers!

My name is Otto Chan, I spent much of my youth in the great land of New Zealand. My very first car was an E36 318is Coupe back in 1994, since then there has not been a single day I'm without an E36. With the help of the internet, I wonder if this is the place to try and track down that particular vehicle, be it in good health or a write off. Or by contacting BMWNZ / official owners club / dealership will improve my chances?

I have alot of fond memories and details of the car in my head, but not the VIN. Documentation will have to dig really deep into dusted carton boxes and I suspect none exists anyway. Any takers?

Cheers!

Number plate would be a great place to start. If you can't even remember that, just pickup another in the same colour haha

• Like 1

last warranted may 2014. rego and warrant have lapse d. still under owners name. last odo reading was 251000kms

Hold on, the interior isn't in the same color, thou it does say photo may not be of this vehicle

At least its still holding up all these years, 251km wow

How I'd love to track it down to its current owner and see if I can somehow reunite with it

the image i am coming up with is a different plate different pic

you can buy the report which will tell you the current owner unless they have opted out of the system, lucky for you the vast majority of people havent

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

the image i am coming up with is a different plate different pic

you can buy the report which will tell you the current owner unless they have opted out of the system, lucky for you the vast majority of people havent

Is your one the actual car? Still running my 18" BBS RX? SK3080 was from new, as I was the original owner up til 2000.

BTW Sick E34 Andy!

Hold on, the interior isn't in the same color, thou it does say photo may not be of this vehicle

At least its still holding up all these years, 251km wow

How I'd love to track it down to its current owner and see if I can somehow reunite with it

The car doesnt have a WOF or a REG at the mo, and the REG isnt on hold.

Come the 24 November the car will be deregistered. More than likely it sitting on someones backyard in need or repair.

The car doesnt have a WOF or a REG at the mo, and the REG isnt on hold.

Come the 24 November the car will be deregistered. More than likely it sitting on someones backyard in need or repair.

do you work for some sort of dealership or mechanic?

do you work for some sort of dealership or mechanic?

Me? Or did you mean to quote WYZEUP?

I just read the top of the page of Carjam report for the number plate:

"Basic Report created 4 years ago. If you want to see the latest information available on this vehicle you must purchase a report."

So if I still wish to track down its whereabouts, purchasing a report from Carjam will give the current owner's contact details and the lot?

If they have not opted out of providing their details, in theory yes.

If they have not opted out of providing their details, in theory yes.

Aren't those details all hidden since a couple years back? When I purchased the report on my E46 all past owners names and addresses were hidden. Only the car dealer's details were there.

. Only the car dealer's details were there.

whom were the owners at the time.

whom were the owners at the time.

Private seller.

I just dug it back up now to see.

For every private owner, all it says is:

2013-Jul-15
owned for 2 years
Individual Owner
262,673 Km as of 2013-Apr-10
Personal details protected by law. Owner Check

However, there was a guy who once had the car as a security interest on the loan. His full name, number,and mailing address were listed under the "MONEY OWING AND SECURITY INTERESTS" section.