Sign in to follow this  
atlantiskiwi

Z3 for the wife..... didn't work out as planned. Looking for a co

Having won an auction for a Z3 on TM, today we drove up north to pick it up. Prior to bidding I discussed with the seller that I would be bidding on the basis he had advised me of what he should "reasonably" be aware of with regards to condition of the car. ... I was aware it was in need of clean up but generally sound and nothing a few weekends couldn't fix. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case and I arrived to see a vehicle with spider cracks covering pretty much the entire vehicle. .. needless to say, he was very good about me walking away and agreed he should have advised me of this issue when we spoke on the phone. ANYWAY having sold the E36 328i to Rubix, I am now looking for a convertible for the wife and it doesn't have to be a Z3. She wants a run around for summer and it doesn't need to be mint. Budget up to 10k (prefer 4-7k) and I'm not looking for something that is above market because it's mint, I am happy to spend the time cleaning it up.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

12k you can get a Z4. 10k you can get a decent Z3. I'd not touch an SLK, nor the Honda S2000. no Audis. No frenchies. Yep, it'd be the Bimmer - eaither or. I'm not biased.

• Like 1

s2000s are amazing little cars. Very reliable and a great engine and box. Only real issue with s2000 is that they hold their value so you have to be damn quick to pick one up for cheap.

I wouldnt touch a merc either, but im very biased (which is funny considering my current employment).

• Like 2

s2000s are amazing little cars. Very reliable and a great engine and box. Only real issue with s2000 is that they hold their value so you have to be damn quick to pick one up for cheap.

I wouldnt touch a merc either, but im very biased (which is funny considering my current employment).

its probably WHY you have that idea lol

S2000 seems a good buy all round

• Like 2

S2000's are awesome little cars. I had one before my M3, they handle like a go kart !

Youve got to rev the tits off them to get anywhere - well comparing to the M3 anyway.

Downside is i dont think youll find one for 10k.

• Like 1

What's wrong with SLK and s2000?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

yes, the S2000 is an awesome little car. having to rev the nuts off it to drive around is not my idea of fun. yes VTEC unicorns are all good. it's a honda.

SLK? Underwhelming IMHO, fit and finish pretty average. matches the 4cyl. not my idea of fun.

you know how it goes, one man's meat is another man's poison. YMMV etc.

• Like 1