Sign in to follow this  
KwS

740i motorsport

Such a waste,left to this state, still if it was $2k .... Just don't tell the CFO

they replied the other day saying the price will drop if it doesnt sell. dont know what to and didnt seem open to any negotiation in the mean time.

Will keep an eye on it. I would pay 3K. I REALLY want to restore it.

• Like 2

they replied the other day saying the price will drop if it doesnt sell. dont know what to and didnt seem open to any negotiation in the mean time.

Will keep an eye on it. I would pay 3K. I REALLY want to restore it.

Wait for the price to drop. There are some nice 7's on TM at the moment and the seller will eventually have to lower his price accordingly.

What would cause so many electrical issues? Is this just age or people fiddling with things to trigger issues like this?

faaaaaaa that timeless ad for the e38 is amazing with awesome clear pics. so much want...

• Like 4

I think the sellers probably right with the wheel speed sensors needing to be replaced. Or it could also be that it's had a wheel alignment recently and needs the steering angle sensor reset.

The trans fail light would go with the speed sensors as well. A failing battery can also cause this.

The tail lights and low coolant are easy fixes.

My biggest concern would be fixing the wheel speed sensors and replacing the battery only to find you still get the trans fail warning. That would suck.

Edited by kulgan

the ABS/DSC units are also fairly common to fail on the E39 and E38, so wouldnt put it past it to be that too. I never did get an answer to my low offer, i suspect its a no.

• Like 1