Sign in to follow this  
shiman

Help Fitout my New E30 Project

17s do not suit E30s. You will also struggle to find a decent offset in 4x100.

I dunno, I really liked the 17" Alpina clones on my E30

I have a Mtech E30 wheel in decent condition in my closet if your interested 333, but it looks like you already have bought that "improved" one :)

End of the day, its your car do whatever you want. Just a personal request - No M3 badges or altezza tail lights :D

post-2714-0-21733700-1442399969.jpg

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 5

Thanks Mark for a lead very much appreciated. Is Hellbm a shop in Auckland? Jacko, love the 17" and have to say definitely no M3 or Altezza looking light , thought that nonsense was long over. Where did you get you wheels from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Edited by 333i wannabee

You just need to trawl forums and auction sites for good deals.

Mark, Aside from Trademe and here and eBay, anywhere else you or anyone else would recommend looking... I.e. Forums, sites or shops, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw is there a genuine E30 club in NZ and are there local meets? I am a busy chap but thought it would be great to know...

HellBM is a company run by Ray (forum sponser) in Silverdale. Worth a trip just to look at all the awesome cars/projects he has if nothing else! Brent runs a parts business called BMWorld - you'll see him a lot in the for sale section of this forum. There's a couple of facebook groups I only just found that people post parts etc in also - search groups for BMW NZ parts and ask for an invite.

Don't forget there is a Want to buy section of this forum. Post what you're looking for there and more than likely Ray or Brent will contact you.

• Like 1

Hey guys I am consider getting seats made in the Caribbean by Waltade on Ebay. Can I please have pics and the technical name of the various OEM finish to the sport seats, thanks.

Seats made in the Caribbean.. what. Just hunt down some stock motorsport seats.

There has been quite a few sets up for sale this year on this forum alone.

Make sure you are getting 4 door seats as they are different.

If you are not willing to hunt locally and be a little patient for the parts you want you are going to burn money and build a Frankenstein's monster.

Get to know the community and the BMW parts guys and you will find the bits you are after.

• Like 2

^ This. Feel free to give me some money, ill find some nice seats, and stick labels on them saying they are made from purebred grain fed unicorns who freely roamed the prairies of venice.

Id suggest figuring out a build plan for it first, and work out what ya going for. Its a bit of an odd ball car being LHD and not particularly high spec etc, spending silly money on it is just dumb, spending money on a non M3 E30 isnt exactly financially wise, spending money on a weird one is even less wise :D

Either go period, and find some nice second hand M seats, get em reupholstered locally if it tickles your pickle, or find some period buckets. Another option would be going "ultimate bmw" and finding some late model BMW leather sports seats and getting custom rails made up for em etc.

Why not turn it into a 333? Get an M30 and a proper gearbox, or find a later model 3.0 six and swap it over for a modern 333.

• Like 2

I don't think Caribbean upholsterers would be any better than local Upholsterers.

Take the seats that are currently in the car, or buy sports seats locally, and take them to an upholsterer who will be able to reupholster them in any material you with, with any design you wish.
Save yourself $1k in shipping, customs costs and lost money due to the NZD's current ridiculous weakness against the US dollar.

• Like 1

One of the advantages of living in a dumping ground for used Japanese cars if that we also get the used Japanese car parts market!

I doubt any car manufacturer actually makes their own seats so one of the things I did when I started the search for a set of Recaro LS seats was to trawl through photographs of interiors on JDM fanboy sites to see what models they were also fitted to (and I found quite a few)... Have a look at some of the older Recaro designs and see if anything takes your fancy (LS are very similar to the E30 motorsport seats)... You'd be surprised at what is sitting in someone's parts pile here! German quality for very few dollars! And if that what floats your boat you can have them re-upholstered in acres of luminous pink dead cow by someone local!

I was fortunate in that I actually found a complete interior from an Alfa... but I did find a lot of good stuff before that!

I'm with the others who suggest you start with a plan! Bouncing from great idea to new great idea is just going to flush money!

Edited by Red Dwarf
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, heard from BM Workshop today. Working on getting the car impeccable, then the gearbox, then the bilstein and seats and bobs my uncle I am happy for a while. Yes the exchange rate sucks that is why I gave up on the M3 E30 and thought I will get a perfect body E30 and as Jacko said maybe 333i

Any idea where the cheapest place would be to get Biltein suspension and has anyone got the bilstein sports system?

It seems like many of the enthusiasts in NZ are against the idea of a LHD e30 (unless its an m3 where the only option was LHD) but like what one other member has mentioned, the LHD makes a better candidate for turbo setups.

Since you don't have the steering column fouling the exhaust, you can do the turbo conversion with less fabrication than a RHD e30 and minimise the restriction caused by routing the exhaust. You should be able to run enough boost to rival the power of a s5x engine while still keeping it safe enough to DD.

Edited by Newcomer