Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Took my toy on South Island Rd trip.

Did roughly 4000km around the south island with the wife at the end of last summer, 2 weeks driving around. Crappy diesel Holden cruise, but at least gas was cheap!

Bought my toy, Discovery Pro FPV Quad, along for the ride, and flew it at pretty much every opportunity ;) Lots of fun, seriously amazing countryside.

Bit more of it here

post-2714-0-31500000-1445851790.jpg

• Like 2

Looks very cool, some stunning video in there too. Much better than some of the cheap "toys" kicking around. What camera does yours use?

Hope you had all the relevant council/CAA permits to fly :P

Edited by KwS

Cheers, was pre Aug 1st so no property owners consent rules needed, I fly UAVs for a crust and do the testing for the cert, so all legit.

The camera on the gimbal is just a gopro 3+ black, flight camera is a 800tvl Sony Effio-V

• Like 1

Salmonella Dub remixed by who?

Yup some cool places to fly around there! If there wasnt an airstrip at the base of Milford, I wouldve gone for a tiki tour up the sound, it had just rained so squillions of waterfalls everywhere.

Andy - Dreadzone remix, off their radio edits/cuts album from ages ago.

Polley - Roughly 13min on a pack depending on how hard I push it, its setup to be pretty sporty at the expense of flight time, more fun doing flips and being able to play rocket ship.

Slightly more on topic, also did some racing at CRC speedshow, was supposed to be racing against the cars, wouldve been awesome race against the evo, but it got canned unfortunately... based on our lap times pretty sure wouldve wooped em (probably why was canned haha ;) )

Edited by Jacko