Sign in to follow this  
gjm

MillAnd, and great service generally

What a thoroughly nice dealer to deal with.

I was in Wellington this week and remembered I needed oil filters for the 320d. An email, and they were waiting for me when I got back - before I had paid for them. (That's obviously sorted!!!)

I know there are many other similarly great, service-oriented folk around NZ. Let's make more noise about them!

• Like 1

I buy the vast majority of BMW parts from Paul.

Even genuine stuff I want from the dealer!

Also buy a lot of stuff thru Paul, generally something every month. Great guy to deal with, lets you know what's happening with availability etc and gives options if needing bits straight away or can wait till the next weekly shipment comes in. And yes, order by lunch, sitting at my door an hour or so later.

Has also made a personal delivery just to put a face to the name and see what I'm driving.

Paul from Milland is excellent.
Gave him a call re: thermostat and housing a while ago, gave me a discount and had it to me 18 hours later.

• Like 1

EuroItalian have treated me well in the past. Sterling Clutch & Brake in Onehunga, Brent @ BMWorld, BNT, Glenn our sponsor has given me invaluable advice over the phone and not charged for his time, Wallace Heron Engineers in Pukekohe.......the list really does go on. Will be ordering a replacement key through Milland soon, am interested to see how it goes.

Moral of the story - most places away from the retail chain type parts places are usually staffed by people that actually know their stuff and can offer advice instead of hopeless conjecture.

• Like 1

Paul at Milland is excellent, and the service is incredibly prompt.

I have also had great results from Gavin at EuroItalian.

I usually email both and see who has the best price.

And another big recommendation goes out to Glenn at Botany Motor Worx.

He can come across a bit grumpy sometimes, but its just because he doesn't do shortcuts/bodges and gets annoyed when people advise others to do so.

He really is fastidious and 'do it once, do it right' which is exactly what you want from a good mechanic.

He is also extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help - he has saved my bacon many times.

• Like 3

Most tradesmen that know their sh*t usually do come across as cranky - mostly because they're over being messed about by jockeys that think they know better because their mate / brother/ dad / random 'expert' on the internet told them so. I got sick of hearing it as a brickie, so I hate to think about the crap that guys like Glenn must hear on a regular basis!

• Like 2