Sign in to follow this  
mops

FS - E30 2.7 Turbo

Hello.

I'll post it here before it goes on trademe.

After nearly a decade of ownership, Im selling my custom built 85' e30 turbo. Work and kids consume all my time these days, so no time to work on my e30. No time to enjoy it either as I only commute to/from work in rush hour traffick, its a waste of this great machine. I'd rather prefer somebody else enjoying it.

Quick rundown of specs below, I'll try to update with more specifics.

Drivetrain
-fully Rebuilt M20 (bearings, rings, machning, new cylinder head hardware), with b27 crank, 400cc injectors, wasted spark conversion
-holset HX35 turbo, 50mm external wastegate, hidden intercooler, not huge but i think it was 200 by 500 or something similar
-3 inch exhaust straight through
-megasquirt 2 standalone EMS - with wireless adapter so you can tune from your phone ;). LC1 wideband.
-custom clutch... ferrometalic or something. Its great, nearly like stock clutch, just a bit heavier
-rebuilt getrag 260 (have receipts somewhere for rebuild). TBH 2nd is getting sloppy, original GB might be better
-driveshaft with recenty replaced guibo, bearing and ujoint
-3.46 LSD. This is OBX brand lsd, which is basically a copy of Quaife hellical lsd. its awesome.
-50mm alloy radiator
-devilson methanol injection

Brakes:
-300x25 front (honda S2k), 4 pot alloy solid caliper (skyline turbo)
-296x22 rear (e46 330i), 2 pot solid alloy caliper (skyline turbo)

Suspension:
-koni adjustable shocks
-sports sprins (slightly lowered, slighly stiffer)
-nolethane bushes everywhere

wheels:
-16x7.5 with appropriate spacers
-Toyo proxes 225x40x16

interior:
-NZKW reclining bucket seats (kinda tired)
-heaps of gauges
-carpet and interior generally is pretty tired
-nice dash mat

Performance
-never tested on dyno... really
-never been to the drag strip... really
-at ~14 psi lights up tires once it reaches powerband in 2nd. Pleny fast to get you in trouble quick.

Body:
-all known rust removed and incl front floorpans, underneath boot, etc. Had a paintjob few years ago, which generally speaking is ok, has some imperfections.
-alot under the car like rear subframe, fuel tank and other areas stripped to bare metal then applied POR15

The Bad:
Given it's 30 years old car that has been used daily, it has it's imperfections eg. bonnet, sunroof, interior is relatively tired, viewing is recomended. Mechanically however is in excellent shape.

Spares (will not sell separately - dont ask)
-cylinder head
-getrag 260 gearbox
-3.64 open diff
-3.46 open diff
-3.46 diff (worn - for parts)
-set of brand new control arms
-boxes of random parts
-about 0.5l of paint (leftover from the batch)

I'll try to add mor details later

Pics:
Link to gallery

Price: $15k, would consider swaps for a famili friendly SUV, such as X5 or similar of similar value. Has been proffesionally valued for insurance purposes for $13k before paintjob. Porbably would cost twice that to build these days....
no test pilots.

2yuzwig.jpg

• Like 2

I remember following your build thread to this car years ago.

This looks strangly like the one that a guy at work drives, very nice actually. The car I mean.

I can vouch for the quality of this car, alot of thought and precision has gone into it where it counts. GLWS

Your welcome to take mine for a fang when it suits you. I need some contructive critisism on the tuning side of things :D

Been a while Mathew and never thought this day would come. Hope it goes to a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk