Sign in to follow this  
RipJaws

E34 M50 SUMP, M52B28 ECU

I thought these adverts had to come with a "for under $10 price tag".

• Like 1

I know what you mean. Buying a Ferrari is the same. I offered them half the going rate and for some strange reason my offer was not accepted. I suppose if I keep offering them the same amount I won't get a Ferrari.

• Like 1

Mhmm some how I find it hard to relate a piece of cast aluminium and a small computer from over 10 years ago to a Ferrari. And the going rate for these is very up in the air. I'll get them for what I think they're worth eventually! If you pay through the nose for stuff thats up to you

I didn't say the Ferrari was new and the going rate for them is also up in the air. Just like sumps and ECU's if I wait something will turn up eventually. God likes a trier and some people are trying.

• Like 2

I didn't say the Ferrari was new and the going rate for them is also up in the air. Just like sumps and ECU's if I wait something will turn up eventually. God likes a trier and some people are trying.

Point taken, thanks for letting me know I'm only wasting my time asking on these forums. I'll out source them and I'm sure I'll have more luck. Thanks!

You just need to know who to ask and where to look.

And to get realistic about supply and demand and purchase a good deal when you see one

• Like 1

^^^^^^ WHAT HE SAID

Good point, I think thats what I'm doing though. As I found 2 M50 Sumps locally for $100 each but the stupid grease monkeys rounded off the Torx Head bolts on the bell housing rendering it impossible to get out. So I come on here and the same stuff is $300 its like wut. In the end it is just a sump.

I also talked to a guy on here like 6 months ago that said he found an m50 sump from pick a part for $9......

So I think I understand the economy quite well, I just think its a matter of the powers that be on these forums getting a bit cut when I won't give in to the ramped up prices on here. If you don't like that I won't pay the 'going rate' just ignore my advertisements. Simple.

Just because they are $9 at pick a part does not mean that is the going rate for them. It means if you're first in and get it for that price, count your self fkn lucky and hock it off on the forums for $250 for some quick beer money on the weekend.

Why does the ECU need to be post 1997? EWS is easily disabled if that's what you're trying to get around.

Maybe thats not the going rate then but when someone knows they can be had for as little money as that why be surprised when they don't want it for more than $150? haha.

Yeah someone said they could help me get rid of EWS on the ecu but it had to be a 1997+ ecu

The sumps are hard to find. That's why they fetch good money. As said before, supply and demand

Seems you have been looking for a long time now. Maybe your idea of the going rate and the market rate are miles apart. I don't recall others on here bleating about the market rate for E34 sumps. They are in short supply but "stupid grease monkeys" look like they are plentiful.

Edited by FIAT 131R

Seems you have been looking for a long time now. Maybe your idea of the going rate and the market rate are miles apart. I don't recall others on here bleating about the market rate for E34 sumps. They are in short supply but "stupid grease monkeys" look like they are plentiful.

From where I'm sitting reading your ramblings they sure do.

Come off your high horse and read the thread properly, I've said multiple times maybe I'm wrong about the market rate but that isn't the point. You started on about how I wouldn't pay for anything over a certain amount, not me. If I had said it, that would have been the end of the story but you felt like crying. Its not a crime to set your self a limit. Yes I have been looking a while and if the grease monkeys hadn't screwed the torx head bolts i'd have my cheap sump by now and not be arguing with a self righteous sau as yourself.

Just my experience having recently purchased both of what you are looking for...

Got the sump for $250, then one popped up for about $70 (which sold within an hour)

ECU came with engine etc, which was out of a wreck that I paid $800 for.

Obviously you will probably find them at your target price point, but if you really do need them, expect to pay more.

I am not on a high horse. I just like taking the piss out of cheap bastards who want the market to come down to their level. Markets rarely come down to meet the ideas of one little person. I thought after all this time you would have figured that out.

• Like 3

I personally think there are plenty to go around but when they see a plead to smash the going price, people close up the stables and rather keep for a rainy day etc

I am not on a high horse. I just like taking the piss out of cheap bastards who want the market to come down to their level. Markets rarely come down to meet the ideas of one little person. I thought after all this time you would have figured that out.

What in the world would give you the idea I hadn't figured that out? You're talking about 2 different markets anyway. The one on these forums and the wide open world wrecking yards and old wrecked good for nothing e34's where M50 sumps are still just pieces of cast aluminium. I'll be finding my sump for a fraction of the cost and then I'll have a little chuckle at your expense. Heck I might even buy one cheap and sell it off to you haha! I've already said I'm wasting my time asking on here because its full of charlatans who must be struggling for cash and have to make petty amounts on parts so charge an arm and a leg.

You like wasting your time is more like it because you have nothing better to do.

Looks to me like the person struggling for cash is you.

• Like 1

I knew you would retort with that. haha. I wouldn't be where I was today if I just paid full price all the time.

I knew you would retort with that. haha. I wouldn't be where I was today if I just paid full price all the time.

According to your profile you have made it to Waipukurau. Congratulations.