Sign in to follow this  
bboy1der

why my bmw 2002 e65 735i has no features

Hey guys can anyone shed some light on why my specific model didn't come with most of the electric gizmos soft closing doors, seat warmer, side shades etc?? I'm puzzled at this as all I have seen have all these extras.

THe original owner was cheap and didnt tick the boxes? NZ New cars tend to be a bit light on options (not all mind you, some have all the boxes ticked) and some imports will commonly be missing features standard in other markets (heated seats and cruise control arent huge sellers in Japan).

Manufacturers also tend to bundle in more "free" options as a model nears the end of its cycle to move stock, earlier cars would have had very little as standard.

735 is probably the base model in the E65 generation? as long as it was better spec than the outgoing 728i E38 its probably all that was needed to sell them.

I dont know a lot about the E65 other than that I'd rather have a E38.

I know a lot of the E38 guys will retro fit options into their cars. Perhaps this is something you could do with yours.

Or do what a lot of new car buyers did towards the end of 2001.

"When the E38 was phased out in 2001 to make way for the new E65, sales of E38s increased noticeably in the car's final months of production as people moved to buy the car before it was replaced. The E65's radical styling and iDrive was not initially well-received by consumers,"

• Like 1

Still doesn't quite answer the question but appreciate the time you guys have had to reply. Speaking to another chap who has one he told me my specific model was the spec'd out version it has m sport all in it wheels aswell I've also noticed the body kit is slightly different to most aswell it also has no cd player only md player. Not sure if I answered my own question here lol

your question was answered. Simply put: the original buyer of your particular vehicle only ticked the options for msport/wheels/bodykit(?) and because you said it has an MD playing that means the car was imported from japan which goes to explain that heated seats etc options were not ticked (as its not very popoular).

Also, because the 735i is considered the 'low' or 'base' model, the original buyer would have probably bought it for the sake of having an e65 7 series rather than full on luxury such as automatic opening doors. if he/she wanted the full deal, then it would make sense to get it on a 740/745/750 model instead.

put up your car's numberplate on vin number and we can find the options list for your vehicle.

btw, the other chap you spoke to saying that your car is a "spec'd out version" - lol i dont even know what that means. each car is individually spec'd according to the original buyer's preference OR is just a standard spec that the dealer decides when bringing it in to the showroom.