Sign in to follow this  
eritate

2005 bmw m5 - sedan 7M 4DR 5.0L

Hey just thought i would let you guys know :P

Today after my grandads funeral... My 2nd cousin was there and he said he would take me for a ride in his new car...................... i knew it was a BMW so im like sweet... thinking it was slow etc

So we go out just cruzing.... and then hes like watch this.... he puts it in M mode.... slows down to nothing... launches it..... rev limiting at 8000rpm.... then changes.... has the mean kick

And yer keeps going and gets the speed cut.... but omg it was so quick... fastest car ive ever been in

Apparently he is the 1st one in NZ to own this car...

Heres some pics and specs of the same car - http://www.engine-power.com/bmw/2005_bmw_m5.html

But yer 0-62mph in 4.7seconds

is quick for a car of this size...

its the same as that one that was featured on top gear

Seriously its huge but so decisvely quick when put in M mode :P

Comments ?

Edited by eritate

Today after my grandads funeral... My 2nd cousin was there and he said he would take me for a ride in his new car...................... i knew it was a BMW so im like sweet... thinking it was slow etc

So we go out just cruzing.... and then hes like watch this.... he puts it in M mode.... slows down to nothing... launches it..... rev limiting at 8000rpm.... then changes.... has the mean kick

So what you are saying, is that even though you post on Bimmersport, when your cousin offered you a ride in his new BMW, you had no idea that it was an M5????????!!! Did your guide dog sit in the back, or in the boot? :confused:

I think he means, his cousin had mentioned at some point that he had bought a BMW, but the guy hadn't actually seen the car yet so didn't know what type it was until he saw it.

So where exactly did you say you were driving at 260kph???

Ummm yer he never mentioned what it was... jsut a BMW ...

The location ish (for security reasons) was the lower north island

Its okay, if you get hassled by anyone about the speed, tell 'em Helen was in the back seat!

haha true :P

He may be bringing it down to manfield... for a track day ;)

nice call .... If hes thinking seriously about a track day, I would tell him to look into getting a set of competition tyres for the day (and other track days) as 500+ bhp can be a bit mean on the standard rubber

He'll end up blistering the tyres.

and ... BMWs aint slow ;) (as you found out) ask gus about the last auckland cruise :D

ftw

My boss owns one and I took it for a drive a week or two ago.

Fastest car ive ever driven.

My boss owns one and I took it for a drive a week or two ago.

Fastest car ive ever driven.

does he have a really nice wife who drives it up to get serviced in akl? i was talking to a lady a while ago who bought her husbands m5 in from ur hood. she was such the unsuspecting m5 driver

hehe i always thought bmw were more a luxury car.. ya know... not like the pick up and go type of car...

well the tyres he has on there now cost $1400 each... hahaha...

he knows about his cars too like races nz rally, used to be kart and TQ champ... etc etc

but yer....

Fastest car ive been in and safest :)