Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Strut Brace

my old strut brace, all weaved up yo!

its nothing flash, but does the trick. to fit the m20, will need a modified throttle cable holder, which i will include

make me an offer i cannot refuse

post-11-1138166263.jpg

$0.50c?

I have no idea what these are worth - anyone keen to suggest a range so I don't make a silly offer (low OR high).

Whilst we're on the topic, how much difference have those of you with these on e30's noticed? I'm hoping to remove some of the tendency for my car to understeer that has crept in since I installed the rear sway bar. The sway bar has improved handling no end, but before installation the car oversteered like every e30, and now it is much more likely to understeer when sitting on the limit of grip. If it were a 325 it would be possible to apply enough power to flick the back out, but being a 320, the only option when encountering understeer is ease off a little.

Whilst we're on the topic, how much difference have those of you with these on e30's noticed? I'm hoping to remove some of the tendency for my car to understeer that has crept in since I installed the rear sway bar. The sway bar has improved handling no end, but before installation the car oversteered like every e30, and now it is much more likely to understeer when sitting on the limit of grip. If it were a 325 it would be possible to apply enough power to flick the back out, but being a 320, the only option when encountering understeer is ease off a little.

If you have sports suspension, it makes a massive difference. My Racing Dynamics one was awesome, and it greatly reduced understeer.

However with the standard suspension, I hardly noticed any improvement, it was only when I changed to the Bilstein/ H&R's did it prove its worth.

I'm glad it has gone to a good home.

Cheers

Grant

it felt like it tightend the front end up quite a bit, also alot more solid and stable over bumpy roads. will prob only benefit cars with well sorted suspention i would say. great mod tho :D

Guest Andrew

your understeer problem its nearly 100% related to tyres.

yeah I wore those ones out and am on my last set of freebies, so when these wear out I'll get decent ones.

Get good tyres peeps - trust me.

Guest Andrew

Would it fit my car? NOTE: THIS ISNT MY CAR!!! haha

Posted Image

how high is the intake manifold?