Sign in to follow this  
Yianni

1969 BMW 1602 value

Hi there, any one can advise on NZ$ value of a L/H drive 1969 model 1602 coupe manual on restored condition? I have one siting in Europe that thinking of bringing to NZ to sale, is there any demand for this?

Thanks.

No idea on price sorry but you'll almost certainly get more for it in Europe or the States than here.

Edit: got any pictures?

Edited by M3AN

You're better of selling it in Europe or the states. We simply don't have the market here for you to sell it for enough to cover your costs and make a profit.

If a person wanted a restored 1602 they would have found one in NZ and restored it or imported one already.

If a person wanted a restored 1602 they would have found one in NZ and restored it or imported one already.

Both of which is too much work for some people, which is why car dealers exist.

Thanks for the info, no pics at the mo, I have to get some send at some stage, the car is White with black vinyl interior, no rust and straight.

I thought of bringing it to NZ after my next trip over as I need it to drive while I am there, and try to sell for about NZ 20 - 25K to cover cost of vehicle and shipping, customs etc. is that amount to excessive for an 69 classic ?

The problem you will most likely run into is the time taken to sell it. While there may be A buyer for it with the spare cash and the love to spend on it, they likely won't be looking when you want to sell and unless you drop the price and sell to someone who wants it but can't afford what it's worth, it will probably take many months to sell.

It is worth that much for sure, but the demand probably isn't high enough to sell it in a reasonable timeframe.

• Like 1