Sign in to follow this  
RedRocketTi

Registration details

So......

I own 2 318Ti's, both are 1997 models, however one is registered as a 318i. Just trawling through trademe and I see this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1156903191.htm and had a little giggle, then I noticed that they had managed to register it with AC Schnitzer!!!!!

Now my question is this.... is it possible to change the registration details with VTNZ? I would really like to change my 318i to what it truely is... 328ti :D

What do you mean? That car is 100% ac schnitzer. Sorry i mean snitzer.

But anyway, afaik, its not that simple yo change what your cars description is. Its usually done when its first registered and thats when the person applying for the rego just puts whatever they want.

Heaps of coupes registered as saloons and weird names like "BMW 328ias coupe e36 coupe 2.8L sports" etc

• Like 1

only if you can prove that its a mistake

my mate had a e34 M5  was listed as a MS  also had one number listed wrong from the vin number

its a bit of drama though to get it done

and have seen maybe times thing like M5351 instead of M535i etc

Yup there is a form for it, but you need to back it up with evidence. A letter from a BMW dealer would probably suffice. I looked into it for my 3201 but was too much effort just for an i.

Interestingly the 316i compacts were sold as 316i not Ti, for the E36 at least, and badged as such too. Maybe cos they weren't dohc like the 1.8s?

• Like 1

i have a 318ti at home that is reged as a 318i