Sign in to follow this  
sven007

Roof Upholstery

I have finally got the extra cash to fix my roof upholstery and side panel upholstery. I have a 1994 318is with black interior/ Basically everything of the interior is black. I was thinking of getting a creamy white roof upholstery and also side doors upholstery white. So black and white would look good. I will put some pictures up tomorrow of the original interior of my bmw but before I go and get this done I need personal opinions and what they would do instead. My point being is when I resell my car for a FASTER bmw I dont want an interior that would put off buyers but more likely attract them. Thanks for the help!! ^_^

BLACK ALL THE WAY!!

mines got gray pillars and roof lining and i wana black em out.

go the black... Xclusiv!

i have a coupe hood linning with sunroof panel for sale if you need . excelent condition . 021433600 .

from 92 320i coupe .

Everyone says Black but I was thinking more of white so it stands out like in the performance car interiors's. Was gonna show them what a bmw looks like instead of the usual japanese vehicles. Thanks for the offer of the panel and the upholstery but my bmw does not have a sunroof unfortunatly! <_<

I was thinking more of white so it stands out like in the performance car interiors

exactly why you'll find it hard to sell next time. By goin off your adverage buyer, people dont want cars that have "custom interiors" etc

Just do it black mang, itll look best.

Thanks for the advice guys, I have decided to go with vharcoal black colour for my pillars/roof and back dashboard as it has faded to a purple colour. Drove up to Levin and getting it done at Kerry's Upholstery's and will be picking it up this afternoon. Once again thanks for your opinions and advice

Might take a photo with the digital cam and post it if anyone is interested. Looks like the inside of a black limo now!

Might take a photo with the digital cam and post it if anyone is interested. Looks like the inside of a black limo now!

keen to see

Sorry its been a while, been very busy but here is a photo. was only able to get one before the camera went dead on batteries so lazy me couldn't be bothered recharging the camera so one picture it is.

post-2-1140686823.jpg

looks good man just paint the other bits black as well

how do you detatch the roof lining from the actual roof? hows it atached? is it plastic rivets?

do you just tug on it?

I did mine myself in my E30 with 2 cans of black vynal dye...looks really good, took me 2 hours, and cost me $25. Did parcel tray, sun visors too. forutnately my pillars were already black.

Grinding low bimmer, I actually wouldnt have a clue. Got it done for me and picked it up later in the afternoon.. But for the price I got it done for I fully recommend Kerry's Upholstery in Levin

The lining on my car ceiling is sagging :huh:

How much did it cost to get done?

Any el cheapo DIY methods out there?? Super glue??

post-2-1142333685.jpg

If you superglue patches come through and it looks pretty sh*t. Best if you dont have the cash at the moment would be a staple gun. But it is def worth putting money into a proffesional to do it!

Best 'El Cheapo' glue to use for trimming is 3M contact adhesive in a spray can [at $18.00 it comes with it's own compressor] Patience is required here,spray both surfaces then 'WAIT' [Wait a little longer than you think]then stick-em together. When Respraying Vinyl with vinyl-paint,Soften [soak]the product with M E K [methylethylketone]this sh*t can disolve vinyl,but when the MEK & the paint evaporates[dries] you'll find the new paint has soaked right in,making it harder to scratch off