Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

FS 96 318is

318is auto, the car is not running and unsure if it is engine or trans. The car was sold to my Nephew and it is in Napier hence why I can't be sure as I am in Wellington. Rego on hold. Has Sport seats and an average interior although the seats are ok. Wheels are BBS I was told and are 16's. $500.

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

6 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

Yes all tyres are under 6 months old.

Do you know what size and brand?

they look like 205/55r16?

you're not sure it has a motor or box?  

No it has both just not sure why its not running. Trying to do things remotely from Wellington is difficult. To be honest if it was back in Welly I would keep it as the 318is has the same brakes as a 328i.

Damn if it was closer I'd be keen. Need some better brakes than the drums on my 316i haha

Yeh same here, would be a good deal if I could figure out how to get it back to palmy, or even my parents farm near takapau...

2 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

Palmy to Napier is only 2 hours hire a car trailer.

2 hours? Definitely not with a trailer! For me the cost of gas for the range rover makes it uneconomical unless the car was free sadly :(

3 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

Palmy to Napier is only 2 hours hire a car trailer.

Will certainly think about it over the weekend, is there any great haste to be rid of it? I'll be in HB on the 4th...

My sister is getting ancy and I think I am on to a car trailer myself. So I guess there is some haste. 

On 2/17/2017 at 10:22 PM, Herbmiester said:

My sister is getting ancy and I think I am on to a car trailer myself. So I guess there is some haste. 

Fair enough, I'm still reasonably interested, but couldn't get up there until next sunday. And would also have to confirm if it is OBD2?

As far as I am aware 95 was the end of OBD1 and everything I have read says M44 was an OBD2 engine only. Next Sunday would be ok. 

Cool, I'm working out a few options for pickup, will let you know when I have something confirmed.