Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Forum Face Lift #1

umm what about me? As far as that poll was going, I was winning by a fair bit, I think thats pretty unfair man. Considering Ive been round here a lot longer than most of those people, in fact, being one of the very first members, not to mention that I'm one of the very few people that have donated.

Edited by bmwsparkle

because we think you need to get 'out' more, some fresh air you know.

and the comering out naked and getting your eyebrows shaved thing....

because we think you need to get 'out' more, some fresh air you know.

hah, f*ckn idiot, seems most people don't according to the voting thread...

Edited by bmwsparkle

I am in firm favour of *sic remaining on as a moderator.

Cheers

Grant

Are you serious?I hope not.!

Guest Andrew

the voting was not a fair method - and its easier if i decide.

I am in firm favour of *sic remaining on as a moderator.

Cheers

Grant

Are you serious?I hope not.!
Id love to know the reasons why Grant.

Id just like to know all sides to the argument, maybe youve seen something in Damian that I havent.

the voting was not a fair method - and its easier if i decide.
how can it get any fairer? everyone has a say, which you said, so that why it was obviously to stop the bitching, dont contradict hard.

f*ck i dont care. yawn etc.

A slightly different angle here. A few of you are going on about this being a democratic process- actually it is not. From my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong as I am still a bit of a noob on here) the site belongs to Andrew. Therefore it is more of a "dictatorship" which although it sounds bad, is actually the easiest way to run something like this. Andrew gets the last word on any changes that may happen, if he chooses to put a vote to the people then lucky us, but as it is ultimately his baby, then it is up to him which way he wants to take things, and I certainly don't have a problem with that. :thumb:

F*ck, neither, his site etc, but yuh what the hell was the point in that voting thread is where im at.

I can understand your frustration Sparkle but I personally I think Andrew is between a rock and a hard place and the decision to pull the vote was a good one.

Whilst I agree that a vote is probably the 'fairest' way of doing this, we have all seen nationally with FPP and now MMP there are several ways to run a vote several of which are totally inappropriate for what we want to achieve here.

There are/were too many questions about how to run it because we would be voting for 8 people and not 1 person, we only had one vote each with the forum software and there were existing mods who should stay. All valid reasons to pull it if you ask me.

Conrod is right, it is Andrew's baby and ultimately he can do as he sees fit. If we dont like it then we know to either accept it or bugger off.

Edited by martyyn

Ultimately, what Emma said (and many others), the moderators should show a certain level of maturity. Similar to being a manager of staff. You can have fun and be a nice person. But you need to know when to step in and say it's my way or the highway.

Goading people into arguments and lowering the tone of threads to the purile is just unacceptable.

I don't think that not owning a BMW precludes you from being a mod. But the name describes the job. You need to be moderate, not an extremist.

It isn't just Damian who is guilty of this, he just happens to be the one that I spot the most, just acting like a Bogan.

It's Andrew's site and he should pick whomever he feels will do a good job. I'll live with it. I'm sure.

There are far more important things for me to worry about.

it is more of a "dictatorship" which although it sounds bad, is actually the easiest way to run something like this

Dictatorship is such a dirty word... I'd put it somewhere between an Autocracy and an Oligarchy.

hey all

i know i don't post much on this forum but if you cast your eye down the bottom of the page you will notice that im on quite a bit.

i have met *sic in person. and i think hes a wicked guy but i do also think that sometimes he does cross the line between mod and "stunna". if he could keep his funny side to a mininum im sure he would be a very affective mod

i almost think a mod should have contributed to the club.

(slighty off topic but andrew was that payment ment to be an annual thing if so when does the next payment need to be made)

Finally i think bs is a great site. have learnt a lot from it and enjoy to watch the progress of other peoples cars. andrew has done an excellent job setting this up, lets all work to make it even better.

jamie

at the end of the day, i dont give a f*ck what is fair or not, I couldnt care if im a mod or not, i really dont, as cain said i have bigger things to worry about.

The only thing was that I was under the impression that was what andrew actually wanted a fair way that everyone could choose the mods, when it seemed I was going to get it, the pin was pulled. Cracks me up hard. Really.

Guest Spargo

If you've met Damian, your opinion swings.

Get your panties out of your arse Cam, its just the web.

Is everyone allright with me being a Mod?

Being young and all?

I mean I will be good, But I don't want anyone thinking "f**k shes 15 whats BS turning to" and holding a wee grudge...

"im not a crook"

The fact that you find that funny is enought to get my vote.

I didn't make the list? Bummed.

"im not a crook"

The fact that you find that funny is enought to get my vote.

I didn't make the list? Bummed.

i like the support ladies and gents.

emma you would do a good job.

you will get sh*t, but meh so do i for owing a honda.. well 2 hondas... 2 badass hondas.

i love you all..

Cheers Damo.

@ M325i Did you change your sig or did to the BS banner (Instead of that.. chick :wacko: ) or did someone higher up?

Hondas - 89 Crx si, 90 CBR250RR Fireblade

badass

I dont think so,for a start you are about 650 cc short on the fireblade... :P

babyblade if you will..

post-18-1140944416.jpg

Edited by *sic

350cc short of a babyblade

more of an infantblade

...but still fun im sure

Edited by 325GRANT

babyblade if you will..

Or a pocket knife?!!!!! :confused:

damian rocks

adds a note of less seriousness that tends to occur on the interweb. makes you look at yourself, and wonder, am i being too hard out?

yes he is harsh on trash.....but who really cares?