Sign in to follow this  
Gus

2.7 Bits...again

I'm not out to actively sell, but if the right offer came along i may take it.

have eta block/crank/pistons (still assembled). head (useless for most). and some bits.

options include: having a 320, putting the head on (as it matches the pistons) and having a decent 2.7, bout 190hp with a lot of torque and economical. Or put a 325i head on and turbo the hell out of it. Or just use crank and 325i rods and custom pistons to make 2.8 once bored out....oh the options

holla at angus@bimmersport.co.nz

no idea on how many Km's, but crank has been straightened (no more details on invoice as it was outwork) which cost $1200. so its good.

as for cost...well im not even sure if i want to sell..so would have to be persuasive enough to make me want to sell....:D. just to be a pain in the ass.

900 for the entire bottom end (no sump)

else make some offers.

options include: having a 320, putting the head on (as it matches the pistons) and having a decent 2.7, bout 190hp with a lot of torque and economical.

I have a 320i, what is involved in this 'build' so to speak? will i need any other parts?

whack your 320 head on top...new HG + Bolts = 300ish.

then any maintenance you wish to do on top. Nice n easy

M325i: do it, your car would be even more badass with a 2.7

itsa lovely pipe dream. I dont have time/skills to do any work myself though, so the only way id be convinced is if i handed over a stack (small one) of notes, and just pick up my faster car a week later.

You'd probably be looking at the following:

Gus's bottom end $900

Other parts (HG, bolts, sundries) do you have a diesel crank Gus?) sump from 320 fit? could easily blow out to $500 or $700

Installation - say $500-800 if no problems

2.7 chip ??? Total guess say $300-500

Thus total could come to almost $3k worst case scenario. Do it you self and you could knock $1k off the top.

Oh plus don't forget $400 for certification and the fact yuou will have quite a hike in your insurance.

and gains?? dunno, but as a wise man once said

to be honest i dont think its worth it. would much rather using the money for a rebuild (lots) to add a turbo as opposed to 200 more cc.

But that's me playing the devil's advocate - If you have a 320 the only way to get a big enough gain to be comparable would be to buy and work a 325 ($3k less what you get for your m20b20) or m50b25 ($5-7k or more -since you won't be installing that yourself either I guess - less what you get for your m20b20) or turbo ($3-5k???).

So comparably its not the most expensive option.

you could get away with the cert providing that everything still remains factory.

just dont tell anyone its a 2.7 block. it only has the 320 head on it so it can only be a threetweenty.

m2o 6cly bmw block's bolt straight in providing its a m2o reg esire

you could get away with the cert providing that everything still remains factory.

just dont tell anyone its a 2.7 block. it only has the 320 head on it so it can only be a threetweenty.

m2o 6cly bmw block's bolt straight in providing its a m2o reg esire

Yeah too exxxy.

Oh plus don't forget $400 for certification and the fact yuou will have quite a hike in your insurance.

shhhh, uncle billy.

i missed the whole convo

only needs a sump (from the donor 320, all m20s the same) tis not the diesel crank...they very rare in NZ.

Headgasket=250ish

bolts=50 ish

and....?

thats for a 320..the 325i build is harder but in theory better

then just swap wiring looms and whack it straight back in, i could help someone do it if they were super keen

and the price...why do you people not make any offers!

$650

So to convert my 320i to "327i," would cost me around 800 dollars?

if you do it all yourself, yeah should do

keep in mind gaskets, and if you want to use the 325 intake manifold (its bigger)

bump..first to give me 500 gets it

hmmm...no

have sold one in bits before for 500...partially assembled is worth more

recognize a bargain when its slapping you in the face!