Sign in to follow this  
Jacobfie525

M20 Head From SD European

Hmm. If I had of known it was going to be $3500 (I was expecting about a grand less than that) I would have gone for an engine transplant.

Any idea what an M50 conversion would have cost?

one way or another you have to get your money back!!!

what they supplied was not what was agreed on !

a "Reconditioned M20 Head with Warranty" isnt twisted

consumer guarentees act all the way

theres 898 members here now, dont know how many are active but if even half that number browse this forum thats some pretty bad publicity. i would say its in their best interest to sort this out and give you your money back.

good luck and i wont buy anything off them until they sort this out.

good luck

The whole deal was arranged via email and phone. BUT on the invoice it reads exactly like this.

BMW engine parts - Reconditioned M20 Head with Warranty        $1,450.00

Courier charges   - Hamilton to Tauranga                                  $     52.50

GST Content                                              $    181.25

Surcharges                                                $    450.00

Totals                                             $ 2133.75

So it states "Reconditioned head" on the invoice. Don't know if thats much leverage though.

This whole thing doesn't do much to satisfy me with SD European. I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated if I wasn't asked to pay for the head to be reconditioned.

"with warranty" means exactly that! Its time you took a tougher line with them and don't let them push you around so much, fax the original invoice back to them with the "warranty" word circled! And let them know you won't be paying any further charges. If they don't play ball, send it off to your solicitor and let them deal with it. And make sure you are also reimbursed for all of the extra courier costs, surcharges etc. BTW, I think brand new heads from BMW aren't that expensive, used to be around $1500. Harden up dude! Edited by conrod

Edited by Jacobfie525

just so you know.. out of all the 3 series.. as far as i know the 320i has the worst fuel economy of the lot.

Edited by Jacobfie525

I have sent SD European an email pouinting them to this thread. f they bother to follow the link I feel it may help you situation as they realise how much bad press they are generating.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

I have sent SD European an email pouinting them to this thread. f they bother to follow the link I feel it may help you situation as they realise how much bad press they are generating.

Either that or it could worsen it if they think I'm trying to cause trouble or complain about them excessively. Which I am not. I'm sure they are a very fine business, just haven't dealt with them too well this time.

Hi there

We have just received an email from a Bimmersport.co.nz Member regarding this post on the forum. We are happy to reply as there are a lot of posts in this section which seem to be misleading/not understood correctly

Initially two options where given on request of a cylinder head for BMW e34 525 m20

The options where

Reconditioned cylinder head – cleaned, pressured tested and planned, fitted with re seated valves, new valve seals, springs, caps and keepers at $1450+GST +Freight and a surcharge of $450inc GST if original cylinder head was not returned (as valves are reused from this)

Or the other option

Brand new BARE Cylinder head at $1600+GST + Freight

The option which was chosen was the Recondition head, this was later found to have a fault prior to fitting and at that time we where unable to supply another reconditioned cylinder head. The option was given to the customer of a full refund of total purchase including all freight costs.

Customer took the option of returning the cylinder head to us for repairs. We paid the freight charge of return of this part. The cylinder head would then be repaired and returned to the customer at no extra charge.

The original warranty 6 month warranty would still apply.

We do have all emails sent and received from time of order to today. If it does come to publishing the emails for public viewing we have no problem doing so only editing out personal details of both the customer and sales person.

We do appreciate feedback from all of our customers good or bad but do ask to be fair and accurate in all your comments posted.

SD European

Good show SD European.

Thats fair, I wasn't trying to make allegations and should also have noted that most of the contact I have had with SD European was through my father. Hence most of the information I have on the dealings is second or third hand.

Apologies.

Jacob.

Agreed Damian, good show.

I personally think that it's quite beneficial for us to have a dealer on here as a registered member posting a response to questions/allegations as it's in everyone's interests to keep things on the level.

E: Credit to bravo for given them the heads up

Edited by Carl

All Comments Withdrawn.

Currently Writing Personal Apology To SD European Over The Matter.

closed, SD backed there side up so there is nothing left to say.