Sign in to follow this  
Jacobfie525

M20 Head From SD European

Edited by Jacobfie525

send it back, full refund, maybe not the freight though, is what should be expected..

surcharge perhaps is if it's an exchange unit? but then you get that refunded/only get charged that if you don't return the 'core' (your old unit) can't see why they would do that with cylinder heads anyways.

I'd send it straight back, if that's the standard so far, what else have they missed?

Edited by Jacobfie525

Yep, so they have probably made a mistake - it certainly wouldnt be obvious to the casual glance though somebody has definately cocked up. Give them the chance to put things right and see what happens. In my experience, staying polite and calm at this stage in things can go along way to getting the situation sorted quickly.

Edited by Jacobfie525

i dont like these guys. they charge way to much.

i asked for a price for a window power switch they said $30.

i said, will go buy a new one for that price from bmw, without member discount.

Mosen's are much easier to deal with and dont me around and have a fair price.

I have not had any good dealings with SD, also heard a story of a missing M6 engine that "turned up" at SD minus all the bits - still being argued.

They charged me $460 odd for some work that didn't fix the problem, then told me they couldn't fix it and I had to go back and get the parts I'd supplied.

Just my opinion but wouldn't go near the place! try Kevin Mosen 07 8462972 they've always been good.

cheers Matt

I've had only good relations with them, charged me less for some parts than other places and happily paid for courier pickup and delivery when they sent the wrong gasket set.

See my BMW places sticky because prices vary from place to place. I was ringing around all the places trying to find the best prices for bearings, gaskets, belts, and filters.

Let your fingers do the typing as they all do email service now. Cheeky bet is to email them all in one go using CC so that they know you're bargain hunting.

Edited by Jacobfie525

Guest Andrew

Send it back -

and please stop capitilising the first letter of every word you type - it is rather hard to read.

agreedpeoplewritingwithcapsonisalmostasbadaspeoplethatwritewithoutanypunctuationorspaces :angry:

I contacted SD European a couple of times attempting to source parts. Each time they quoted me a price for second hand parts that was far more expensive than brand new parts from a BMW dealer.

The brand new head from Jerry Claytons for my E28 (M30 3.5L) complete with camshaft, valves, springs, etc. was far cheaper than any of the prices being quoted here.

Over the years I have dealt with most of the suppliers of new and used BMW parts, three companies have consistently given me excellent service:

Jerry Claytons BMW (Takapuna & Glenfield)

Coombes Johnston BMW (Hamilton)

Euro-Italian Car Parts (North Harbour)

Rod

Edited by Jacobfie525

Edited by Jacobfie525

because your buying second hand parts, that arent noted written on paper and all word of mouth I dont know you'd be able to put up anything against them. If anything the consumer guarentees act should step in, as you we're mislead. Maybe a case for Fair-Go lol !

Edited by E30stz

Edited by Jacobfie525

Yeh thats an E30 radiator. This is for an E34.. Already bought a new one anyway..

What does $65 buy these days anyway? about half a tank of gas haha.

my bad, ahh well they're all M20's :) .. NZ dollar keeps going down. . gas going up .. better off buying things now.. they will have doubled in price next year.

Keep us posted and let us know what happens as the best we can do is place a very informative message warning people to bouycott SD European giving reference to your dealings.

I've never dealt with SD European before so I can't say that they aren't worth using. They've just been rather disappointing in this case.

I can only echo what others have said about their pricing.

When I was looking for clear lenses, they offered me ONE front indicator for 135 plus delivery if I sent them my orange one in return, or 150 each for the front lenses.

I was onto ebay in a flash and got both clear fronts and clear sides, delivered to my door, for less than the 135.

Always pays to shop around.

they sound gay

3500...for that I would have just bought a second hand 2.5 and whacked that in instead...engine would have been <1000.

as for clear indicator lenses, i got one for my mums e38 from european autospares for an m badge...thanks pam