Sign in to follow this  
qube

E39 ABS Module - DSC & Brake light error

Ive got the DSC and brake light error on my E39 and scanned the car which showed a wheel speed sensor fault.

I replaced the sensor but problem persists. However, it is intermittent, usually comes on after a bit of driving and goes away after restarting the car usually.

I have read that it could be a faulty ABS module - in which case can I replace it with a used part just swap right in or does it need coding?

Alternatively, I also heard that I could get this part repaired - does anyone know where I can get this done and estimate cost?

Or should I try another wheel speed sensor as the part I replaced it with was just pulled from a pick-a-part (used).

Thanks!

• Like 1

Powerstop Engineering in Tauranga did all our repairs

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Try a new one.

If issue persists replace with a new or repaired module.

I can help get it coded to the car.

there is an identical 2003 530i at pick a part, not sure if the module is still there but reckon its worth picking it up?

might get your help with the coding if so.

31 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Powerstop Engineering in Tauranga did all our repairs

Thanks for that Glenn, it would be last resort as I need to use the car so cant send off the module and have the car off the road while it gets repaired.

I think there is supposed to be someone in north shore Auckland but not sure..

i have a reco'd one in stock now 

1 hour ago, qube said:

Thanks for that Glenn, it would be last resort as I need to use the car so cant send off the module and have the car off the road while it gets repaired.

I think there is supposed to be someone in north shore Auckland but not sure..

AT YOUR RISK, you can still drive it with the control unit off the pump assembly. Same trifecta of lights on the dash. Or get the one off Brent

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

The modules go fast usually. Needs to match your car depending on if it had asc or dsc. My 01 530i wagon has asc where as the M5 has dsc.

Swap wheel speed sensor left to right, fault follows, faulty sensor. Fault stays the same, like ABS module fault

• Like 1