Sign in to follow this  
balancerider

Footwell module E9x

How complex is coding a second hand one of these? Been quoted 1700 for a new one (to fix a bulb error!) on Dad’s E91

• Like 1

@promo is your man, my FRM exploded similarly after Carly killed it and he recoded it remotely. Legend.

• Like 2

you dont need a new FRM. Just need to wake up the PWM line that is shutdown with special tools

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jacko said:

@promo is your man, my FRM exploded similarly after Carly killed it and he recoded it remotely. Legend.

thanks Jackson :)

3 minutes ago, promo said:

you dont need a new FRM. Just need to wake up the PWM line that is shutdown with special tools

Thanks - can this be done remotely? Car is in Wanaka.

5 minutes ago, balancerider said:

Thanks - can this be done remotely? Car is in Wanaka.

only if you have the cable and software setup then i connect remotely and reset the line. 

• Like 1

There's a bit of a racket on anything to do with FRMs ...would be good to have some kind of sticky post or something with info for people on this as I hate to think how many times people are having these replaced and programmed without any need for it. 

9CBB short circuit fault stored in FRM 2 you can reset using tool 32 as long as the control unit is responding. FRM3 when the dump file is missing and the control unit is NOT responding and you try power reset with ISTA and still not sucessfull.I can help you back to life your FRM3,not including burn, and flooded FRMs.