Sign in to follow this  
richw2000

Recently back in NZ

Hi there,

Moved back in Feb just before lockdown.

I have an E36 M3 Evo in the UK. 

Thoughts on whether I should bring that vehicle to NZ or sell in the UK?

I was originally just going to keep it in the UK.

But travel back and forth looking shaky and it's already been sitting for a year.

It is mostly stock except for wheels and suspension.

I have the original wheels and it came from the factory with the class II rear wing and ACS exhaust. 

I have fitted the gt front splitter, rear risers, strut brace and bottom X brace

Ideas on value would be helpful since i can't really find many for sale here.

Mileage is around 75k miles.

IMG_0461.jpeg

Welcome Richard, and let's get some info on that E82 conversion please!

Evo's are going for similar prices here as they are in the UK so if you're planning on selling it there's no point in going to the expense of shipping it here. If you don't have immediate plans to sell it and want to drive it here then put it on a ship. Unless it's rusty which is a particular problem with UK imports, it simply won't sell in relatively rust-free NZ unless it's to an over-excited mug.

If it's rust free and in good condition it will sell quickly here for NZ$35k+ based on recent sales but you'd also get GBP18k+ pretty quickly in the UK.

Edited by M3AN

nice info thanks... biggest issue is getting it serviced etc and selling remotely. But i take your point and appreciate the info.

On 8/29/2020 at 4:48 PM, richw2000 said:

nice info thanks... biggest issue is getting it serviced etc and selling remotely. But i take your point and appreciate the info.

I'd lean to importing. My biggest regret in hindsight moving here was NOT importing my UK BMWs. Had so many other things to think about during the move that shipping cars was bottom of the list so just flogged them. 

Prices for the collectibles are similar here but for me there is huge value in knowing the history and work done on your own cars. Something which I still kick myself in hindsight for...but now I've learned my lesson. 

And wow at the V8 M1 ....spine tingling. 

Thanks for the input all. I'm told you can fit three in one container which reduces shipping costs by quite a bit.

That's made the decision easy and all three will be on their way shortly.

Hope to meet some more BMW owners in summer ? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richw2000 said:

Thanks for the input all. I'm told you can fit three in one container which reduces shipping costs by quite a bit.

That's made the decision easy and all three will be on their way shortly.

Hope to meet some more BMW owners in summer ? 

Yes racked and packed. One of the rare instances where size does matter ? And quite economic from the UK ports too.

Edited by Bandit