Sign in to follow this  
Sean

MHD Wireless Adaptor for N54 135i

Apologies of there is another thread on this but I purchased my wee toy on Wednesday and have just joined the forum.  I am beginning my modification journey and was wondering if/where I can purchase these in New Zealand.

Cheers

There seem to be a couple of wireless adapters out there (MHD and THOR) but I have not seen them for sale in NZ. Both are for sale in the USA for around the US$70 mark and the MHD version is reputed to be the better (faster) of the two. Originally developed to work with Android devices, I read that MHD at least appear to have a version that works with IOS. Check before ordering. I'm a bit interested in that myself as I have an iphone that doesn't phone any more, but the wifi still works which would make it perfect for a gauges and logging :) 

Currently when I need to contact the DME I just use a D-Can cable, OTG cable and an Android tablet. Works fine but having the cable connected is mildly annoying.

Cheers...

On 7/3/2021 at 3:38 PM, Sean said:

Apologies of there is another thread on this but I purchased my wee toy on Wednesday and have just joined the forum.  I am beginning my modification journey and was wondering if/where I can purchase these in New Zealand.

Cheers

I got the orange MHD wireless adaptor from Burger Tuning in the US, postage was reasonable and it arrived fast. Works perfectly on my N54 135i and it's very quick. I have an android phone. 

5 hours ago, monkeygod11 said:

I got the orange MHD wireless adaptor from Burger Tuning in the US, postage was reasonable and it arrived fast. Works perfectly on my N54 135i and it's very quick. I have an android phone. 

What app do you use? 

I also have the orange MHD WiFi adapter and it works perfectly with iOS. 
I use the MHD app. Just have to pay for licenses and flasher. 
my advice would be to make sure your car is on the battery charger for a good long while before starting to write any maps. 
The first time I tried to write a map onto the DME, my battery wasn’t charged enough and the car freaked out. 
Unable to write the map and had already wiped the oem map. Windshield wipers going crazy, every warning light flash. Couldn’t start the car.  
Tried again once the battery had fully charged. No issues. 

On 7/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, SmackJackTheCrackerMan said:

Unable to write the map and had already wiped the oem map. Windshield wipers going crazy, every warning light flash.

Umm... don't suppose you got that on video at all ?  Asking for a friend...

Cheers...

• Haha 2

On 7/17/2021 at 9:17 PM, jon dee said:

Umm... don't suppose you got that on video at all ?  Asking for a friend...

Cheers...

😂😂😂 Unfortunately not, although I’m sure my face was a picture. The panic 🙀 

I truly thought I had fully broken my car 😳

• Like 1

Yeah... I know that feeling :)

Had a few problems when I did my first flash, and having read a few stories about people "bricking" their DME's I was uber worried until I managed to sort it out.

Cheers...

Anyone who brick their ECU's I'm more than happy to help in recovering it. Very easy on the bench programming. 

Edited by promo