Sign in to follow this  
the_don46

New to site

Good day everyone. My name is Donovan.

I just joined your community after purchasing myself a 2003 z4 2.5. Quite excited to be a part of the community and to learn so I can enjoy getting to grips with my new weekender. 

Pictured here is my son straight of the test drive when I decided to buy it. 

Curious, is there a way to tell if my car was originally a 3.0 and had an engine swap or if the car always was a 2.5 with 3.0 badges added? I’ve Googled and checked the stamp on the engine and it’s definitely a 2.5. 

Thank you for reading!

443F58FB-A8C7-454E-94B9-F1645B9C0321.jpeg

• Like 4

Wow thanks for that. How did you manage to do that? I double checked with the VIN and got same results. Only question is why it shows it as a left hand drive?

Welcome to Z ownership and bimmersport. I have an E85 Z4 as well and great fun cars. A great forum in the UK called Z4-forum.com has heaps of helpful diy links and info, worth a look. Also in Wellington so may see you at one of the meets. 

7F3F74B7-B190-4C7B-A86F-9AE670D760B1.jpeg

• Like 4

On 8/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, TermiPeteNZ said:

Welcome @the_don46! The BMW Car Club organises a fair few events through the year and have a monthly club/pub night... keep an eye on things here: Wellington - bimmersport.co.nz - or better yet, join the Club :) 

Totally!

Welcome, @the_don46 😀 Hope to see you at a meet/tour/event soon.  See links in our signatures of how to find the club.

Edited by Olaf
links

On 7/26/2021 at 9:33 PM, the_don46 said:

Wow thanks for that. How did you manage to do that? I double checked with the VIN and got same results. Only question is why it shows it as a left hand drive?

Welcome and don't worry about the left hand thing in the VIN checkers. Very often incorrect.

• Like 1