Sign in to follow this  
topnotchrally

IS there a working VIN decoder?

mdecoder.com became useless a year or so ago and I found bimmer.work which was working until yesterday and is now a useless pay service. Arrrrggg

Does anyone know a working vin decoder? I  just want to get the build sheet to check the factory options (of older cars, E36, etc).

Thanks.

The biggest issue with any working decoder is that as soon as it is known to be working, it seems to get closed down.

Are you using an ad blocker? If so, turn it off and try mdecoder again. That's worked for folk in the past.

Or post your VIN here and someone may be able to help.

Bimmer.Work seems to work for me. Mdecoder used to work for me but when I created my registry of NZ 540s I used it so many times it thinks I am a commercial entity so no longer works 😅

My bad... bimmer.work worked just now, with adblock turned off.  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

I've been using mdecoder daily over the last couple of weeks while I look for a new car.  Works well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kees said:

Bimmer.Work seems to work for me. Mdecoder used to work for me but when I created my registry of NZ 540s I used it so many times it thinks I am a commercial entity so no longer works 😅

try cleaning out your cookies etc, and go in from another IP address eg VPN.  Should be fine.

• Like 1