Sign in to follow this  
leichtbau

E91 335d Edition Sport

Any colour will do, Xenons and HK audio would be nice but I'm not fussy. Alcantara interior would be cool but I believe all the NZ cars were leather.

5226931857_e141f2ca69_o.jpg

• Like 2

Think you won't be able to be too fussy @leichtbau, these are much rarer than the F3x gen (even though all of those are imports) - wish mine had the twin exhaust like previous gen. Space grey is the best colour for these IMO, can't remember seeing an NZ new one without Xenons. Good luck though - the LCI 330d would also be a solid choice as has the N57.

Edited by balancerider
  • Like 2

@balancerider good shout re: the facelift 330d, I only want to get to 600nm as I’ve experienced first hand how much flex there is in a 750nm E91..! You’re not wrong about the rarity, I’ve seen more E92 335d’s for sale than E91’s in the last year. I wouldn’t mind an F31 but I think they’re still about 10-12k over valued - the same cars are sitting for sale months later without any price movement - is yours x-drive? 

• Like 1

Yeah probably overvalued but there was a 2016 LCI white one with decent spec that went quickly with an asking of low 40's last week. Having had an E91, it's a much more comfortable car than that.

All the F3x 335d's are x-drive, the 330d did come as RWD but again UK only for RHD wagon.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 5:32 PM, leichtbau said:

Any colour will do, Xenons and HK audio would be nice but I'm not fussy. Alcantara interior would be cool but I believe all the NZ cars were leather.

5226931857_e141f2ca69_o.jpg

There were originally 24 of the 335d Edition Sport brought into NZ, haven’t checked how many are still live. So, relatively rare but not a total unicorn. Imports harder to spot as the details rarely include info like the “Edition Sport”.

Correct, all the NZ cars were leather, only a few had Xenons, most didn’t, and none had the HK audio.

• Like 1

Wanted a F31 330d / 335d. Was underwhelmed with the poverty spec on the market, limited options and premium prices (which seem to have all got worse).

Ended up getting an X3 30d and I am converted. Guess it depends what you want it for. Doesn't look as cool, but everything else in the X3 is better IMO. X drive is pretty sweet. Million times better than Audi haldex. 

Bottom line though, BMW I6 diesels are beasts. Good luck!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

There were originally 24 of the 335d Edition Sport brought into NZ, haven’t checked how many are still live. So, relatively rare but not a total unicorn. Imports harder to spot as the details rarely include info like the “Edition Sport”.

Correct, all the NZ cars were leather, only a few had Xenons, most didn’t, and none had the HK audio.

Champion! That's great intel. the 320d ES cars must number in the hundreds, there's always three or four on TM.

Edition Sport spec attached for those playing along at home.

editionsportE91.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m325i said:

Wanted a F31 330d / 335d. Was underwhelmed with the poverty spec on the market, limited options and premium prices (which seem to have all got worse).

Is the spec noticeably worse than the X3 30d/35d? They all have all round parking sensors, almost all LED/Xenon's, most have Pro Nav and quite a few have pano roof. Seems to me there wouldn't be too much else you'd want? They're not cheap though - mostly around the 50k mark, I paid just under 54k for an 18 month old one at end of 2017.

The NZ New 330d Xdrives frequently had adaptive lights / 360 deg cam / speed limit info but 110k for a small diesel wagon new was taking the piss a bit. For comparison a base 335d Xdrive MSport in the UK was 42.5k GBP.

16 hours ago, balancerider said:

Is the spec noticeably worse than the X3 30d/35d?

At the time I looked there were a lot of UK cars. Manual seats, halogen lights, no back up camera, cloth /not heated seats, auto boot etc. There are also multiple versions of iDrive screen. Of course that stuff is all 'luxury'  - but once you have it it's hard to go back. 

The X3s just seemed to have more sh*t. And often 'all' the sh*t. More of them too. 

• Like 2

@m325i any known issues with the higher mileage 30d models?

www.trademe.co.nz/3236409896

3 minutes ago, qube said:

@m325i any known issues with the higher mileage 30d models?

www.trademe.co.nz/3236409896

I'm no expert. I understand they are pretty stout - much better than 4cly. 

That one has facelift wheels which are a nice upgrade IMO. 

I regret buying a warranty on mine - especially as they stipulate more servicing for D's.

haha, yep, sometimes the cost of the warranty and subsequent servicing requirements outweigh the pros of the warranty itself. That money could have been spent on maintenance anyway provided nothing major goes wrong (which it really shouldnt in most cases).

After having driven a f25 35i for a few months, im a big believer in theses X3's. Would like to get another one at some stage and the diesel is quite appealing.

18 hours ago, leichtbau said:

Champion! That's great intel. the 320d ES cars must number in the hundreds, there's always three or four on TM.

Edition Sport spec attached for those playing along at home.

editionsportE91.png

Yeah there are more of the 320d version around, my first BMW drive car was one of those in the grey - awesome car!

And I probably don’t want to ask where you got the image from the Product Library from… 😱🏴‍☠️

4 hours ago, m325i said:

At the time I looked there were a lot of UK cars. Manual seats, halogen lights, no back up camera, cloth /not heated seats, auto boot etc. There are also multiple versions of iDrive screen. Of course that stuff is all 'luxury'  - but once you have it it's hard to go back.

The X3s just seemed to have more sh*t. And often 'all' the sh*t. More of them too. 

Yeah the UK spec does tend to be lower - be surprised if no leather though as post 2013 all the 330+ models were luxury line or m sport so leather as standard with alcantara as option. I’ve never understood the fuss about manual seats though. Pointless £1000 option IMO, how hard is it to move the seat with a lever. I would like an OEM reverse camera on mine but it’s probably in the too hard basket

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Yeah there are more of the 320d version around, my first BMW drive car was one of those in the grey - awesome car!

And I probably don’t want to ask where you got the image from the Product Library from… 😱🏴‍☠️

collated 669 page pdf on the official BMW Greece website...

20 hours ago, balancerider said:

I’ve never understood the fuss about manual seats though. 

It's a dream if you share the car, as I do with wife. One button press to get back your exact settings.

• Like 4

^^This.

Plus it's a lot safer to adjust your position whilst going along, as i sometimes have to make adjustment for what I am wearing / how i am driving.

small display the only con but not a biggie considering all the other options. looks very nice!

4 hours ago, leichtbau said:

even has painted brakes (why do 335d's so often have the unfinished calipers?)

The blue painted callipers are the M Sport brake option 2NH, unless this was added as an option the brakes would be the standard single piston sliding affair that is only coated not painted.

Iirc NZ New F30/31 M Sports included the 2NH brakes, however most other markets the brakes had to be added on top of the M Sport package.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leichtbau said:

Great spec on this F31 335d xenons / HK audio / even has painted brakes (why do 335d's so often have the unfinished calipers?)

M Sport Plus pack (on UK cars) included big brakes / HK / High beam assist and those double spoke 19’s. Shadow edition same thing but with black grilles, smoked taillights and nice carbon fibre interior trim. That car is almost a twin of mine (only missing adaptive suspension)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

The blue painted callipers are the M Sport brake option 2NH, unless this was added as an option the brakes would be the standard single piston sliding affair that is only coated not painted.

Iirc NZ New F30/31 M Sports included the 2NH brakes, however most other markets the brakes had to be added on top of the M Sport package.

Just to clarify for the others reading, the 335i/d had the 4 piston Brembo fronts regardless (Brembo pad shape 1609), but sliding single piston Bosch / ATE calipers in the rear if just 337 optioned, and the 2 piston Brembo rear caliper if optioned with 2NH.

Might as well delve quickly into it, but up front the 337 "greys" ran a 340x30 blank disc, which then went to a 370x30 blank disc for 2NA and the M Performance retrofit was a 370x30 with a dimpled and slotted disc. Out back the 337 disc was 330x20 blank, 2NA was 345x24 blank, and M Performance retrofit was 345x24 dimpled and slotted.

Given the number of variables I would say that some coding was involved WRT brake bias when retrofitting.

• Thanks 1