Sign in to follow this  
dennystone

leather dye.

I have watched quite a few Videos of people using Colourlock.

https://www.colourlock.com/bmw_leather_dye_colour_chart.html

The youtube channel M539 uses it on pretty much all his restorations.  He is just an armature with no prior knowledge and it comes out great.

BTW I am getting a kit myself in a few months once I have somewhere to work on it.  But there is a mobile guy people recommend on the forum.  Check in the Interior section of the forum.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 2

I purchased black Colourlock leather fresh toner/dye for the steering wheel and a small patch on side bolster, and although it 'dried', it never worked and rubbed off with contact or moisture. It had been properly prepped, and so forth.

• Like 1

I've used Colorlock Leather Care system on my old Volvo 855-T5 to great effect, and for maintenance on my BMWs.  It's great stuff, just follow the instructions.  Needs to be cleaned and (sometimes, abraded with fine sandpaper) before thin layers of toner (dye), before finishing off with the protectant.  I always use Elephant Leather Preservative on top.  I've done steering wheels as well.

I've also used this on leather jackets and bags.  It's excellent system, producing lasting results.

If you're not keen on doing it yourself, contact your local Fibernew rep.  Here in Wellington, Andrew does a brilliant job.

HTH

14 hours ago, dennystone said:

Does anyone know of a good leather dye for seats on E39? thanks, there are grey,

Prep is critical, I did a full refinish and it still looks fantastic 18 months later.

It it’s just a bit of bolster wear the colour lock products previously recommended are good too but colour match could be an issue with 20 year old leather.

Edited by Sammo