Sign in to follow this  
aja540i

E39 tyre recommendations

I am in the process of refurbishing the style 66 wheels for the E39 530d touring and am after some recommendations for good mid range tyres,  staggered setup so looking at 235/45 17 for the front and 255/40 17 for the rear, don't want to spend silly money but would ideally get same brand and model front and rear. Any suggestions of good, bad, or avoid like the plague appreciated.

I got close to 30,000km out of RE003/S001’s and they performed superbly for daily driving on my 540. Think I paid $1100 on one of those buy 1 get one half price deals they run. 

I must admit I'm quite impressed with the RE003's I've put on the 130, I'd never used them before and got a recommendation on here. Mine are 18's and cost about $1200.

Now, I was also not unhappy with the Pirelli DragonSports I had on the 328 relative to the price. They were reasonably noisy but a very solid tyre for what they're designed to do and just over $220 each IIRC.

Re003s being replaced by re007a . Bridgestone saying re007a is the spiritual successor to the Re11s. But check sizes .

Michelin ps4 probably on par with re003 but shop on priced as I’ve been quoted 3k for a set , but shopping around half that can be found.

Doesn't look like i can get the rear size in the 003s, hyper have some Dunlops on sale that have both sizes, about $850 for 4, which is about what I wanted to spend.