Sign in to follow this  
Cement

Best software from where for E46 support ?

The hard drive in my garage laptop decided to die so i've got a SSD installed to give it a new lease on life. I used to have INPA and a range of other tools installed to support my E46 but i recall the setup was a bit of a ball ache last time.

Looking for opinion on which software and from where is the easiest to install and the most useful ? Will just want service information, coding and diagnostic code manipulation etc ... the usual range.

Edited by Cement

I've found the Rheingold ISTA to be fairly easy to instal and such. But I haven't done heaps in ISTA, I mostly use NCSexpert and INPA to be more useful for the detailed stuff on E series.

Grab it all from bimmergeeks.com they link to good versions. Don't need their gear.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2184573-The-Z3-Diagnostics-Thread-Instructions-Experiences-Discussions-Experimentation

Focused on the E36/7 but the coding instruction in the first post work on the pre-facelift E46's

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/how-to-install-bmw-standard-tools.1274003/

Focused on the E46 with good support from the OP

Thanks for the feedback all :) I've got the 'standard' tools organised from one of the single click install packages.

Probably will also get ISTA-D on there also at some stage but less requirement at the moment.

I still use ISTA and INPA but the laptop has become tiresome over the years. I bought the full Bimmergeeks protool for Android a while back and haven't really looked back (there is / was a cost in time for re-installing etc so the time saved with ProTool is a bargain).  Works with an OTG connection and the cables I already had. 

• Like 1