Sign in to follow this  
wombat1188

New member - gauging interest

Hey guys and gals, been noticing some 90s 3 series on TradeMe recently with massive price tags. I've had this 96 325i coupe for over 10 years now and don't use it anymore, too many kids. Just wondering if this is likely to be model whose value is increasing or not. It's an auto and badged "Alpina". Is it only the Motorsports and manuals that enthusiasts are into? Considering selling it to make room in the garage but no idea what it's worth, thought I'd ask for input here before making an ass out of myself on TM.

Cheers

20190209_195152.jpg

20190209_195216.jpg

20190209_203829.jpg

Ran the vin decoder and comes back as a standard 1995 build E36 323i coupe.
Not an alpina, doesnt have the alpina body kit or engine spec. 

But it does seem like it has motorsport suspension and sports (albeit cloth) seats.

The wheels look to be style 65 replicas.

Black sideskirts probably dont help with the sale either.

Unfortunately wont be commanding huge money, how many kms on it now 200k? Do you have a good record of service history for the last 5 years?

It maybe worth 4-5k to the right buyer if the car is mechanically sound and no issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks tidy, especially for an E36.

While there are some high asking prices for E36's recently, manual adds a major bump to value on these cars - very nice manual 328i's are likely swapping hands for mid teens.

Pending interior and mechanical condition I would say worth asking $8k and see how you go.

Be interested to see how you get on, bought a very similar 95 328 about 6 years ago for 4.5k. One of the bugbears I've had with mine is it is OBD1 rather than OBD2, so that could be a selling point, as is the nice wing, rims, msport suspension/seats and paintwork.