Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

100% YES PLEASE

Bring back the old school rear-facing 3rd row like MB (or the Tesla Model S has) and I'm all in! Once I win the lotto. 

• Like 1

Yup, definitely on the Lotto-win list.  335bhp/700nm standard.

• Like 1

Still prefer the 540i touring x drive on TM.  All the benefits, less than half the price.  Although it's got mileage on it.  Have seen some low km ones though.

34 minutes ago, GorGasm said:

Still prefer the 540i touring x drive on TM.  All the benefits, less than half the price.  Although it's got mileage on it.  Have seen some low km ones though.

Me too - This seems fairly pricey given you can get an NZ new M340i for 10K less.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/m340i/listing/3610087824

I love mine.

I could have bought an M340i (and BMW did try and sell me one when I tried to out-of-region special order the D, which they don’t do any longer), but I can’t fill up, drive to Bay of Islands, drive around for a week or two, then drive back, and not as have to fill up for another week in that. I can in the diesel. 

Not to mention to the torque. Any time, anywhere. If pushed, I’d say the only thing I miss about the petrol is the sound. 

There could be another for sale if I can find the Alpina I want. I don’t like iDrive 8, so trying to get pre-LCI. The one that appeared yesterday is sadly not VATQ: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202206086569797

I’m currently waiting to hear if I can have an August build slot. If so; I’ll have about 2 weeks to amend the build to what I want before it’s locked in. August build means the car won’t arrive until Jan though. The next diesel build run is on October, so won’t see the car until April next year. 

There is a nice B3 available, too: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205055355393. A more comfortable, torquier M3 Touring without a face like a dropped pie. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mpoweredguru said:

I’d say the only thing I miss about the petrol is the sound. 

The petrol does sound great on full throttle in sport mode.  Picked up my M340i Touring last week (green one on the other thread) and drove back to the South Island.  Fuel economy is great in eco cruise mode with 650km range ...... for a car that has 370hp on tap and 0-100 in 4.5 secs.   It was a great drive down (incl the Kapiti coast  weather bomb on Thur afternoon) - a no regrets purchase !  Amazing how these 3's have morphed to similar dimensions of the new E60 530i I had back in 2004.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 10:49 AM, Revocet said:

The petrol does sound great on full throttle in sport mode.  Picked up my M340i Touring last week (green one on the other thread) and drove back to the South Island.  Fuel economy is great in eco cruise mode with 650km range ...... for a car that has 370hp on tap and 0-100 in 4.5 secs.   It was a great drive down (incl the Kapiti coast  weather bomb on Thur afternoon) - a no regrets purchase !  Amazing how these 3's have morphed to similar dimensions of the new E60 530i I had back in 2004.

What a run-in ride! Congratulations, and hope you enjoy the hell out of it (while we still can enjoy cars like this). 

Top Gear, AutoExpress etc often refer to the G21 as the ultimate BMW, and car in general, and I understand why, now.  Quick, loads of room, economical, and still look like a BMW (instead of a BMW's long lost cousin who's face got run over by a tractor and has an enzyme or two missing). 

Hey everyone, this is my Mum's car. It's an incredible daily but she feels it's too big coming from an E91 335i Touring. I'm looking to get her into a 1-series. 

Let me know if you're interested. There's some flex on price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1