Sign in to follow this  
Thedrunknsoviet

F31 Owner /new to the euro life

Good morning fellow bmw owners the names daniel and I’m ready to get ignored but I’d hope not haha . 

i Recently brought my first BMW and it’s a 2016 f31 320I m sport touring wagon and I absolutely love it such an incredible car and has changed my whole view on euro cars compared to owning Japanese cars and i hope to own more in the future . 

I’m wanting help/advice/guidance on how to get my maps converted from Japanese to NZ and get the full usage out of my Idrive system . 
I’m also looking at what’s a good upgrade for my exhaust system … what sort of cats to use that won’t mess with sensors etc because this girl is sooo quiet I’d like some noise . Intakes and small upgrades just to give the b48 engine some more life as it’s so underpowered for the weight of the car . 

many one in Christchurch also that has similar cars I’d love to meet and yarn to about these things so any help is beyond appreciated. N

ECU remap and catless downpipes (technically WOF fail) are probably the best ways to gain power for the money.  

@promo maybe able to help you out with maps

• Like 1

Recently picked up an F31 320d Msport and they are great.

I did a wireless carplay install on mine recently (will also do Android auto).

$400 and about 3 hour DIY install - switches back to iDrive with a press of the button (not that I’ve ever had any need to).

Look into Bimmercode too if you want to delve into tweaking / unlocking systems and functions a bit.

Welcome (fellow F31 owner but filling from the black pump...)

If you have the newer NBT EVO idrive (tile menu interface) it may be possible to activate carplay to run natively - 2016 was the changeover year for this so depends what month your car was built. @promo is definitely the person to speak to.

Show us a picture when you get a chance

• Like 1

Welcome

The B48 is a great engine, you can pick up a tune for it like MHD or bootmod3 etc and get some basic bolt on mods to go with it for more power.

Sound wise, catless downpipe or catback exhaust.

Basil at Autopassion (in Christchurch) knows these well. He can give you some advice on a tune and bolt ons.