pranilb

2010 LCI 130i - Best Header?

Considering upgrading headers for both noise and lilttle perfromance; Supersrpint website sent a 20% discount code for this left hand drive unit:
https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/bmw-e87/bmw-e87-130i-265-258-hp-2006--2012/manifoldbrleft-hand-drivebr-replaces-catalytic-converter.aspx#!/
Can this work with RHD?

Anyone have experience with this?

Edited by pranilb

Will not fit a RHD, the steering column will interfere. @Jacko has experience with RHD manifolds from AliExpress, best for him to comment.

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Will not fit a RHD, the steering column will interfere. @Jacko has experience with RHD manifolds from AliExpress, best for him to comment.

Still havent had a chance to try fit them yet, reports are varied if they actually fit... I keep having to do this "work" thing, and its getting tedious. 

If you want something that definitely fits, the aussie option works and has proven significant gains, its just not cheap.

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 1

Oh yea…. With factory centre and back.... and maybe laptorr exhaust later on hmmm...
I assume the headers will bring the engine light on, as the oxygen sensor will be removed? Where is the best place to this installed in Auckland as someone would have to programme the engine control unit to stop the engine light coming on?

Edited by pranilb

Its a DME flash to do it, I dont think anyone in auckland or NZ actually has the experience to do a proper N52 flash. The oxygen sensors stay, however the DME has a pre and post cat o2 sensor check to keep an eye on the cat efficiency... with no cat efficiency is not so hot ;) There are a few in NZ selling generic nonsense maps downloaded from the net (claiming 200+ kw... bs). .Severn tuning is who Im planning on using, when I actually get to it, lots of Z4 N52 experience https://www.severntuning.com/

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 2

Sweet, wonder what the brintechcustoms header sounds like with the factory mid and rear sections?

On 2/11/2023 at 11:35 AM, Jacko said:

Its a DME flash to do it, I dont think anyone in auckland or NZ actually has the experience to do a proper N52 flash. The oxygen sensors stay, however the DME has a pre and post cat o2 sensor check to keep an eye on the cat efficiency... with no cat efficiency is not so hot ;) There are a few in NZ selling generic nonsense maps downloaded from the net (claiming 200+ kw... bs). .Severn tuning is who Im planning on using, when I actually get to it, lots of Z4 N52 experience https://www.severntuning.com/

Pulled the trigger on the brintechcustoms header.... then saw this: 😳

We did this 5 years ago :IMG_0244.thumb.jpg.2d20ea7da0fd102abf20de67d5757c3e.jpg

Recently completed E82 Manual S65 for a friend:

IMG_2289.thumb.jpg.9e858f5c637615ebaaf9b805b940a471.jpgIMG_2639.thumb.jpg.93fdfd0840a2109c0f37c558a5113569.jpgIMG_2293.thumb.jpg.7131ee93234af5bc676ff5ddfb714e32.jpg

Also we have a N55 DCT E87 under construction atm.

Edited by HELLBM
  • Like 4

OMG... I would love to see one rip some dounts! 💨

Edited by pranilb

Ray, your work almost makes me want to move to Auckland.

Finally installed the Brintech headers, they give you a sick little raspy growl when you hit the gas, but stay pretty chill otherwise. Perfect combo for a little sleeper.

3C805963-9EA7-42A3-BBB7-D2C0AFF957A8.jpeg

Edited by pranilb
  • Like 4