Sign in to follow this  
elias

AUDIO expert Auckland CCC Hifi sound

Can anyone recommend someone that knows their stuff about BMW audio in Auckland, need some rather unique/unusual work done on my car.

Cheers

I went in to Rapid Radio the other week, they seem to be focusing on the higher end of things and will likely have a few clues depending on what you're after.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, m325i said:

Like what?

have removed the factory CCC iDrive unit, and want to run an aux straight to the factory speakers, either through an aftermarket amp or the stock amp, don't want any headhunt in the car, just the aux. Have searched all over the internet and been to audio shops but nobody seems to have an information on this.

3 hours ago, elias said:

have removed the factory CCC iDrive unit, and want to run an aux straight to the factory speakers, either through an aftermarket amp or the stock amp, don't want any headhunt in the car, just the aux. Have searched all over the internet and been to audio shops but nobody seems to have an information on this.

You won't be able to use the factory amp but otherwise it should be pretty simple, assuming the speakers and sub can handle it, you'd need to verify that independently (I don't know their specs).

1. You need an amp with aux in and crossover control such as this one (first search result, not a recommendation) **
  2. Wire your speakers to the amp
  3. Wire your amp to power
  4. Plug your aux source into amp aux in
  5. Hit play and tune crossovers
  6. Profit

** amp will obviously need enough channels and power to satisfy your requirements.

Edit: I think you can get Bluetooth amps now also and the BT connection will be aux rather than line level so should also work if your source has BT, albeit with compressed audio.

Edited by M3AN

You’ll need an aftermarket amp, new speakers or some passive crossovers for the existing and some rewiring of speakers.

This will all depend on what system you had within the CCC line ( base audio , hifi or Hk ) , how many of the speakers were active and had dedicated amplifier channels. Also if you have underset woofers.

Also with CCC some had fibre optic connections between idrive, amp , combo unit etc. 

basically nothing straight forward such as adding a aux cable.

Edited by Neal