Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

WTF is going on here, two ads, two prices, two sellers, same car

I have soft spot for X6's (yeah I know, I dont know why but always liked them) and was doing a bit of FB Marketplace browsing and found this:

1. Listed 6wks ago: BMW X6M (though first photo is what I want to say is a of a classic Dodge Charger..)

Runs perfect and a pleasure to own 220,000kms yes it seems high but i live in the country so its driven long distances daily the bmw in Hamilton gave it a tune and said it was sweet as, its been lowered as well and slightly louder pipes

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1333839477430410/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A138c21bb-c8e0-4406-9d42-b7b8c9aff8e6

Sold by a Bryan for $38,000 in Manawatu.

And also this:

2. Listed 2wks ago: BMW X6. Same photos (bar the classic muscle car).

Air Bag(s), Alloys, Paddle Shift Controls, Push Button Start Stop, Electronic Tailgate, Reverse Camera, Bluetooth, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Leather Interior, Steering Wheel Controls, Day Time Running Light, Cruise Control, Sunroof.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3438944076428060/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A138c21bb-c8e0-4406-9d42-b7b8c9aff8e6

Sold by a Liyan for $26,500 in Auckland.

So I messaged both sellers asking you know, wtf is going on. Got a nice reply from Bryan to makes me wonder if either are real listings..

image.thumb.png.78d0a275d4530d606aa34df0605f72ce.png

Edited by Kodachrome

Sent it to Auckland for greater reach and getting a mate to try and sell it at a more market friendly price ?

I see this A LOT on market place. I presumed it was the original seller not removing the listing and the new seller flipping the car quickly and with minimal effort.

Marketplace is trash. 

1 hour ago, KwS said:

I see this A LOT on market place. I presumed it was the original seller not removing the listing and the new seller flipping the car quickly and with minimal effort.

Marketplace is trash. 

That is what I thought too, but the more expensive listing is older and is the angry guy that replied to me!? 

• Haha 1

Its interesting to note the newer listing has the rego obscured, whilst the original one doesnt. Bryans profile looks like utter trash too, reposting bullshit. I honestly dont know who i would trust more 🤣

I tried reverse image search on Liyans profile images and nothing comes up, but the profile is pretty generic.

Liyan just replied:

"Hi. Helping owner to sell it"

So angry old Bryan is the owner.. who wants $10k more than the helper does? lol. 

• Haha 1

the cheaper 2nd listing is probably a scammer profile that is looking to scam some poor person out of a deposit or more

• Like 1