Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bradfield

runflat to normal tyres

I am running runflats front 255/30/19, & 225/35/19 rear. 2011 330 Msport convertable, I am going to change to oridinary tyres for a number of reasons, I am also looking at maybe going to 18" 

My question is how does it change with the tyre sensors would they still work on normal tyres, & do the 18" or 19"  changes also change things ?

My second question is going to 18" maybe more selection & cheaper overall, what are the disadvantages ?

Tire pressure sensors should just swap over to new wheels. Don't believe anything has to be reprogrammed.

Imo no disadvantages in going to 18s. 19s are for looks.

1 hour ago, Paul Bradfield said:

My question is how does it change with the tyre sensors would they still work on normal tyres, & do the 18" or 19"  changes also change things ?

Not 100% sure which sensors you mean, tyre pressure sensors is covered above, in terms of the wheel speed sensor linked to the abs, etc, if the circumference of the tyre is within the 2% tolerance then will be fine and won’t trip the run-flat alarm.

They don't run tyre pressure sensors,  they run off the rolling circumference. Once replaced, reset the system and it'll be all good

The 335i Msport runs 225/40-18 front and 255/35-18 rear so probably worth looking at that combo while shopping :)

Cheers...

I went from RFT 18" to non RFT 19" on an E90, the ride is perfectly fine on the 19's - I do 35,000km a year all over the country. PS4S ftmfw.