Sign in to follow this  
Tulle

Wheel Appearance

Hi All,

My very little used 😟 435i no longer has a weather protected location so the wheels seem to have suffered. I haven't attempted any remedy yet, I have a habit of making things worse so thought I'd ask

Is this a professional refurb job or is there a product that can remedy this ?. I looked on line elsewhere and a BMW coating fault was mentioned, looked similar not same and no remedy, it's going to my fix if attempt to do so

Suggestions/Recommendations 

Wheel.jpg

Sand all the clear coat back off and re spray. Lucky it only has a few spokes. 

• Haha 3

Had my 313's re-diamond cut and then re-cleared. Previous owner had them plastidipped, because as mentioned they all do that. 

6 hours ago, balancerider said:

@TulleAll the BMW diamond cut wheels do this. I'm going to get mine powder coated.

These probably are powdercoated, unfortunately putting clear powder coat over a very smooth surface, like machined aluminium, is a really bad idea! The powder has terrible adhesion to the smooth surface and is slightly porous so eventually water gets through and the aluminium oxidizes, which causes the powder to lift, letting more water in, and so on...

• Like 1