Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Any experience with the Pirelli Powergy?

Has anyone tried the Pirelli Powergy? I think its a tyre out of Thailand rather than a Euro specific tyre. For my fitment they seem like a nice price.

Looking at Pirelli site they appear very similar\same grouping to the P7's i have on my compact, made in asia somewhere too iirc. Those are generally slightly better stats if you go by their performance ratings.

I can't fault mine for a daily driver in any area especially since they were only $99 each.    

23 minutes ago, balancerider said:

@HerbmiesterI think they are the replacement for the Dragon Sport (which were a bit average…)

I did wonder about that, I found a test but it was Thai perhaps and they seemed to like the tyre. Hardly a recommendation I know. 

I thought dragon sports were decent for the price. They are average when compared to the premium sport or touring tyre but ahead of the average Chinese stuff.   

• Like 2

Most tires come out of Asia because that is where all the rubber is, my last three sets of Michelin Pilot Sports have come from Thailand, and they are regarded as the best tyre availably, so don't worry about the origin of the tyre. 

Sorry, cant comment on Pirelli themselves, I just buy Michelin because they win every test and are fitted to every car in the world worth buying.

• Like 1