actletpone

Free 1970's bmw's x2 napier

I feel Beanie, Singlet, Socks and Jandals guy is the brain child behind this flip, I can tell he is a "hustler that is street wise" from the outfit, an entrepreneur when it comes to filling out "occupation" in forms.

I trust him more than any car dealer I have spoken to recently though, outfit aside, he is putting in some effort.  

42 minutes ago, Apex said:

I feel Beanie, Singlet, Socks and Jandals guy is the brain child behind this flip, I can tell he is a "hustler that is street wise" from the outfit, an entrepreneur when it comes to filling out "occupation" in forms.

I trust him more than any car dealer I have spoken to recently though, outfit aside, he is putting in some effort.  

I don't see any issue with this.  He's putting in the effort so he can profit from it.

I do have an issue with who cut a hole in the hood of a 3.0?  Just needs a piece of steel and it was handy? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

I don't see any issue with this.  He's putting in the effort so he can profit from it.

My impression was that the person giving them away was hoping they went to someone that wanted parts for their car, not for some wanker to try and make a buck. Chucking it on trademe isnt "putting in the effort".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KwS said:

My impression was that the person giving them away was hoping they went to someone that wanted parts for their car, not for some wanker to try and make a buck. Chucking it on trademe isnt "putting in the effort".

That was the impression I got, too.

I doubt stripping some parts from it and then chucking it on TradeMe was the anticipation (although it was obviously always a possibility).
And the description - "Was planning on turning it into a crazy track car but with too many projects on the go it's best to see if anyone wants to score a bargain..." Pure fabrication. Picked it up on Saturday, had it on TM a day later.

As for effort - I tried, but by the time I had arranged a car trailer, they had gone. :( 

Not saying the seller is a bad guy, but a little more honesty about the acquisition and sale wouldn't go amiss. From the questions it seems others have already rumbled his game.

Edited by gjm
  • Thanks 1

As a previous BMW owner I am all too aware of how hard they are move around when they are not running so you have to appreciate that he picked it up and moved it. I have also pushed a car in jandals before and it can be a high risk game, especially if you catch a foot on the open door when trying to steer it. 

The guy who dumped them has some space back and this car is now someone elses problem / liability, he is now likley having to deal with tyre kickers. 

Can we give him a 3/10 for effort? He's doing more than sitting on a forum complaining. 

Cant say I could be bothered doing something like that, I'm all for a flip if it means taking something and improving it, better still if you can enjoy it for a bit before on selling. Most of the time I feel I have saved a car from a wrecker. 

• Like 3