balancerider

335d touring project?

'End of life' sales are awful.

I've seen perfectly good cars declared EOL, with cancelled rego, when all they need is some TLC.

This one may need more than that.

Nice contradiction in the ad.  It says it's not registered but then in the Q/A it says has rego and wof... so which is it?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gjm said:

'End of life' sales are awful.

I've seen perfectly good cars declared EOL, with cancelled rego, when all they need is some TLC.

This one may need more than that.

It’s got wof and rego according to carjam. Looks like their other listings are mostly imports that can’t be complied and they’ve cut and pasted the blurb on the ad.

It lives! (Minus the m sport front bumper / parking sensors). Emissions control equipment also gone which isn’t great (I really wish this was part of WOF). Price seems fair though accepting there’s a few things an enthusiast would change

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/335d/listing/4569572664

IMG_0105.jpeg

Waking up a dead post here,

I BOUGHT IT!

Sourced an M Sport Bumper and some Bixenon non-AHL headlights New FRM module (coded by some random guy in Poland for $30). H+R springs and Shocks, 35% tints all round, Style M763 Reps 8.5 and 9.5".

Stage 2 @ 375bhp 800nm torque and 6.1l/100km between Auckland to Wellington!

I've wanted one for years and this came up being quite rare in NZ and i had to have it. Best daily I've owned!

PSX_20240526_065730.jpg

PSX_20240608_014534.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Nice! 375hp is absolute top end, probably the highest Ive seen, on this lump though, any concerns or tweaks to help it survive?

1 hour ago, Kodachrome said:

Nice! 375hp is absolute top end, probably the highest Ive seen, on this lump though, any concerns or tweaks to help it survive?

Flywheel power unfortunately which is around 320-325wbhp, still plenty or a daily driver! Regular oil changes, don't beat on it until its warm, Human turbo timer etc, the usual.

• Thanks 1

Hah, oh its definitely plenty, I imagine you are just riding torque waves between gear changes!  I had a 535d Touring and a 335d coupe myself back in the day. Turbo seals eventually went in the 335d, the 535d never had engine problems just all the other e61 gremlins!

2 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

Hah, oh its definitely plenty, I imagine you are just riding torque waves between gear changes!  I had a 535d Touring and a 335d coupe myself back in the day. Turbo seals eventually went in the 335d, the 535d never had engine problems just all the other e61 gremlins!

I drove a 535D recently and it felt quite numb compared to the 335d a lot more engaging and driver focused, i've had 123D's 325D's 335i's 525i's and this is by far my favorite, perfect balance between comfort and driver feel.

3 minutes ago, Neil McCauley said:

Sideways pic on the Sealink is cash money!

Ye mate VVVIP, also my employer 😅😅

PSX_20240616_212515.jpg

• Haha 1

What angel eyes bulbs are those, the blue looks great!

22 minutes ago, Neil McCauley said:

What angel eyes bulbs are those, the blue looks great!

AliExpress finest $22 a pair, they've sold like 1000+ of them so can't be half bad