BMW.KMY

Any fix for Black Tar Buildup Spots on Alloys?

Hi all, testing my luck here...

Does anyone know of a tried and trusted fix to get fid of these little black tar buildup bumps on my alloys? They are definitely too stuck in there to scrub off with a sponge and soap... I have also tried to scratch them off but they end up damaging the alloy itself, please see pic for reference

Thanks

photo_2024-03-30_18-12-26.jpg

Edited by BMW.KMY

The usual bug and tar remover products will take care of tar on your rims.  Are you sure that isn't pitting?  

29 minutes ago, Spinner99 said:

The usual bug and tar remover products will take care of tar on your rims.  Are you sure that isn't pitting?  

Ok thanks I will give it a go! I don't think it's pitting, as its mainly on the front alloys.. seems like previous owners let some road residue/tar sit there too long if that makes sense

Brake cleaner on a cloth works well, probably not amazing for the finish but I've never had issues

Any solvent will work to varying degrees if you give it time to dissolve. I tend to use kerosene or mineral spirts as they are cheap and dont evaporate quickly.

CRC 5.56

• Like 1