Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Sink hole + 19inch wheels = bad

Just got off the phone with the council ... seems they are playing ball .. the contractor is being contacted for liability

Just don't forget to;

1. keep all correspondence(keep basic notes of phone conversations)

2. try to deal with 1 person at the council-if your having no luck move up the chain of command(these wankers are only paid $30K

a year so they really hate the job and don't give a toss about your $30K+ CAR)

3. KEEP ON THEIR CASE don't let 2 or 3 days go by without contact......personal experience has proven that once a day will get

answers if no luck twice or three times a day until you get confirmed/concrete answers

It also may pay to find out who the contractor is and who the insurance company is......you may want to contact your own insurance company and advise them of the situation as well, tell them the contractors insurance company will be handling the damages,etc...it wont affect your no-claims and if it must be known they are a very good ally...........

I was going to put my Z's on for my aux trip, this friday. But, now I think i will just leave my bottles on. Poo's.

That sucks bro, it will be all nice and new again soon.

hmmm might be the perfect oppertunity to install the Bilstien PSS9's >:)

Wrote the mammoth letter today .. its been sent off to the roading contractor ... with pics.

The lady at the council has been nothing but helpful ... returning calls etc etc helping me out ..

hmmm might be the perfect oppertunity to install the Bilstien PSS9's >:)

Wrote the mammoth letter today .. its been sent off to the roading contractor ... with pics.

The lady at the council has been nothing but helpful ... returning calls etc etc helping me out ..

As they say, and perfect in this case "the squeeky wheel gets the oil!"

The only decent car for Takapuna these days is a Remuera tractor (the Territory's great), who says they never go off road. I went exploring last Sunday down the bottom of Fred Thomas Drive and found I could get right to the motoway from behind the driving range through the road works. Great shortcut!!

That seriously sucks ass Josh.So sorry to hear. Glad the council is helping you out.Lets hope all goes well.

Well,

Last night brendon and I managed to lash up the suspension (with lol rope lol <-- sorry had to put the lol there) to stop the whole assembly from pushing back into the guard in prep for the tow truck today. Managed to get the whole thing on there no worries .. and the rope dodge up worked! :) down side is we inspected both wheels properly .. the inside rim is where all the damage its bent about 10 - 15cm in basically, they are roooooted .. so repairing them is out of the question. yay .. importing them again is going to be a hoe. I will also have to get a set of 4 new tires :/ as they are also stuffed on one side .. and im not running around on one side new rubber and one side old.

When I arrived they guys that worked on my car from last time where just as heart broken as I was ... a bit of effort on their part to build the car.

still no verdict on whos paying for it all .. but im bracing myself for the worst ..

Im high riding the biscuit again ... I really thought I was rid of it from my life when I picked up my car earlier this year ... but no .. Sirion love all over again ...

Im doing a bit of investigating at the moment on other plans I have as well... so will reveal them soon ... :D

*cough*e30turbo*cough*

put two on the front (new0 and two on the back (old) - you'll have to get one flipped on the rim as my bet is they're directionals, but saves you two tyres.

Dude if you're not having any luck pm me and we'll get together and trust me WE can get the money at the council....I'm a angry c**t when this sort of sh*t happens the earlier you get pharked off and start chewing their hands the quicker you're gonna get answers....start ringing the f**kers like every hour and demand some answers.....this is an example of how truely f**ked NZ is becoming not only do carlovers have to put up with out of control devaluation, cost of fuel and the fact that the average driver on NZ roads doesn't understand the road rules (and can't drive to boot) but there seems to be a growing disrepect for automotive fanactics and regardless of how much Tax you pay the roads really are third world but the tree f**king government dont give a flying f**k.....and they try to kill motorsport in the main centres too.........

Seriously get in contact if you're not having any luck and I'll try my own tried method of getting a response.....

put two on the front (new0 and two on the back (old) - you'll have to get one flipped on the rim as my bet is they're directionals, but saves you two tyres.

Im guessing he has staggered tyres.. hence the no go?

Anyway, im sorry that happened... Its always safer to go the streets you know, and to keep a close eye on the actual road surface to try and spot holes like that (being night meant it sucked more to see..)

Good luck!

ass ... its going from bad to worse ...

Rang up toptown to prime them about the wheel situation .. they told me that my wheels are now not made anymore so they wont be able to manufacture them ... im hoping they will be able to get the dish (rim) and replace that .. Also they say the dont manufacture the tires either .. which is a bitch .. because of the shampher the fk-451's had ... will see if the fk-452's will fit ..

They are gonna see first if the can repair them .. we will see ...

Make sure you have an insurance claim in. When I bent the strut tower in the 540, it took BMW 10 weeks to get all the parts from Germany and straighten it out. And a bill North of $8k.

Dude if you're not having any luck pm me and we'll get together and trust me WE can get the money at the council....I'm a angry c**t when this sort of sh*t happens the earlier you get pharked off and start chewing their hands the quicker you're gonna get answers....start ringing the f**kers like every hour and demand some answers.....this is an example of how truely f**ked NZ is becoming not only do carlovers have to put up with out of control devaluation, cost of fuel and the fact that the average driver on NZ roads doesn't understand the road rules (and can't drive to boot) but there seems to be a growing disrepect for automotive fanactics and regardless of how much Tax you pay the roads really are third world but the tree f**king government dont give a flying f**k.....and they try to kill motorsport in the main centres too.........

Seriously get in contact if you're not having any luck and I'll try my own tried method of getting a response.....

Yeah f**kin aye!!!!! it's f**kin bullshit hybrid don't put up with their sh*t !!!! :ph34r:

Good news :)

Wheels are being repaired :) (sorry gus no coffee table )

Suspension about had about 2.5k worth of damage :/

But the whole thing is gonna be a lot cheaper than I first thought! .. thanks to the wheels being repaired.

should get it back weds / thurs

Stoked ... means I can start this e30 project sooner than first thought :D

Get FK452's i got some now and theyre rather good. Gave them a good trashing at Pukekohe... Totally love the feel of em.

Get FK452's i got some now and theyre rather good. Gave them a good trashing at Pukekohe... Totally love the feel of em.

yeah I think I will do ... will see when I get it back

fk-452 r19 x 265 / 30 and r19 x 235 / 35

just hoping for the same shampher